Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

about to put 20's on the berlina

nielsonp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive commodore
Noticed the wheel deal have tyre and wheel packages going for $1990 on the advanti tourers but when i saw that they had Achilles ATR Sport Tyres selling for $160 i just assumed they must be crappy tyres.

Last week i pulled into tech nine tyres in O'Connor (near fremantle, perth) and got talking to the guy, i told him i wanted the tourers with toyo proxes 4 tyres (selling for around $500 in perth). He told me i would be better off with the Achilles ATR Sport Tyres (selling for $290 in perth) and i would get about 30,000km from them (i mostly do highway km's) and that they toyo tyres would wear really quickly)

I also voiced my concerns about gutter rash because i can see if i hit a curb (as i occasionally do say once a year) that they could get pretty scratched up, he told me those rim skins are rubbish.

questions:
1. is the sales man getting me to get cheaper tyres so they wear quicker or are the toyos not worth it? would you recommend something else?
2. what have your experiences with rim skins been like?

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
i have Achilles ATR sports on my ute an they are great tyres, they grip well, dont make to much road noise, they are a good cheap tyre

RYANVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
i have these tyres on my ve and they have been the best value for money imo, they are not a performance tyre but i have gotten nearly 65000ks out of a set!

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
There are much worse tyres out there, these are semi-acceptable cheap tyres imo. Also Nexen are pretty reasonable for the money, wet grip will be a little less compared to your Toyo and also they will be a little noisier.