Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Abs and air bag warning

Troy.j

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss
Just wanting to know what makes the airbag and abs warning come on. On a 2004 ss could it be dew to the battery going flat i was cleaning it and the next day went to start it and it wouldnt crack over and the abs and air.bag warning come on so could a flat battery cause it

bazagorokan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 CALAIS 2012, A6, 3.6
Just wanting to know what makes the airbag and abs warning come on. On a 2004 ss could it be dew to the battery going flat i was cleaning it and the next day went to start it and it wouldnt crack over and the abs and air.bag warning come on so could a flat battery cause it
welcome to the forum , first of all get the battery charged up then you can take car to your usual mechanic and they can scan the car for any faults . earlier this year I had abs and airbag faults show up on my vy ss and after mechanic scanned the car it showed the abs module was no good , but I did not have a flat battery . so charge the battery up first , and be careful when cleaning engine , don't use high water pressure and try not too soak electrics with a lot of water. hope this helps you .

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
a battery that is low on voltage can cause a myriad of issues ,
and welcome to the forum

Troy.j

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss
welcome to the forum , first of all get the battery charged up then you can take car to your usual mechanic and they can scan the car for any faults . earlier this year I had abs and airbag faults show up on my vy ss and after mechanic scanned the car it showed the abs module was no good , but I did not have a flat battery . so charge the battery up first , and be careful when cleaning engine , don't use high water pressure and try not too soak electrics with a lot of water. hope this helps you .
Cool cheers...I charged the battery and it went away.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Cleaning the battery terminals or cleaning the engine bay? Make sure its nice and tight, and yes low voltage would do that as well as your alternator over charging.