Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS and airbag into VRII exec

kakadu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr II exec
Hi. Can anyone advise on putting ABS and airbag/s into exec VRII? Is it possible without too many issues? Thanks

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Yeah, Sell the exec and buy a berlina or a calais - and get the rest of the features from those models, climate control, elec windows, et etc.

Not worth your trouble converting. For air bags, if you wanted driver and passenger you'd need:

Air Bag Dash, HI Bcm, looms, drivers air bag/steering wheel/clockspring etc - probably more, because there's sensors underneath the seats I think.
That's if it can even be done safely.

ABS I wouldn't even know where to start.

EDIT: To put the airbag dash in you would need to strip the car down to this...
dsc0581u.jpg

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
For the ABS you will need the ABS brake booster and master cylinder, and the modulator,which is the ABS part near the master cylinder under the bonnet,you will also need the ABS module which is located behind the drivers side kick panel.You will need to swap the diffs or diff centres ,depending on if its IRS or not.You need the ones with the sensors built in.You will also need the ABS front hubs that have the ABS sensors in them,you will also need all the wiring for under the car,and for under the dash.

kakadu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr II exec
OMG thats scarey

Right then, thanks gents. Obviously not a job for the faint hearted. Higher spec car sounds much better. It's a shame the car in question is a 1 owner 130K well looked after vehicle. My first commodore was an ex cop dog VXI wagon which was not pretty and the VR is just so good in every respect. But ya gotta draw the line somewhere....

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Right then, thanks gents. Obviously not a job for the faint hearted. Higher spec car sounds much better. It's a shame the car in question is a 1 owner 130K well looked after vehicle. My first commodore was an ex cop dog VXI wagon which was not pretty and the VR is just so good in every respect. But ya gotta draw the line somewhere....

yeah ah well, don't bother with VRs either go for the VS with the ecotec (if you're going v6)