Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS and Bettery Light on, any Idea's on the problem?

simj79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 "S"
Hi guys, this morning the ABS light came on then the battery light. The battery light goes out under acceleration, but comes back on when I take my foot off. Any ideas what the problem is?? I have a 2000 Series 2 Supercharged VT "S"

bhopper

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt spac supercharged 6,vp bt1 5.0,vyss lshulk
Hey i never encountered this personally either your abs on the way out or voltage regulator maybe or the alternator is on its way out try and test your battery when running to see if your getting 13.8 v i think i read a post a while back about this and think it was the guys regulator not 100% but that might point you in th eright direction let us know how you go.

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
Low Battery Voltage can play havoc with electrics. How old is the battery. Maybe try a different battery from a mates car or family member's car and see if it goes away. Otherwise go out and buy a new one if your car has started and sounded sluggish in the morning or if your battery is 5+ years old.

Maci

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden Statesman
make sure your battery terminals are clean too. i had an issue with mine giving me silly errors and doing stupid things. some never sieze on the terminals (stops corrosion too) after a good scrub and i haven't had a trouble since.

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
Hi guys, this morning the ABS light came on then the battery light. The battery light goes out under acceleration, but comes back on when I take my foot off. Any ideas what the problem is?? I have a 2000 Series 2 Supercharged VT "S"

Check it with multimeter...check the main positive behind the alternator......
If not charging correctlt.....you could change voltage regulator...But in my case i done this..But inside of alternator was stuff making a washing machine sound...So i put a new alternator in...all good

airia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
Airia

i have had that problem before ,mine was my idle speed not being high enough.Made it higher fixed the problem.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
hi mate

when mine was on was the abs module normally it is when them 3 start coming on.

simj79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 "S"
Thanks for the help guys, the prob was the alternator, seems it was pumping out more volts than it should have been 16+, this must have been just as the mechanic got it, as it had a flat battery in the morning, but is all sorted not, quick reco and all done. I had the ABS problem last month, that was the followig lights, ABS, TRAC control and Engine. I seem to have had 3 things in 3 months, hopefuly it stops there.

KustomKulture62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Specialized Hardrock Sports Disc 29er
Our VX stared doing this tonight and after 100,000 ks its the first ever electrical fault.
Better get busy next weekend and sort this out with Easter coming.