Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS and Cruise Fault

Stuart Gregory Hunt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
My VY wagon is showing ABS fault on the Dash screen. I've checked the ABS line sensors behind the brake disc and cleaned them but still doesn't work. And Cruise Control doesn't set when turned on, could it be a relay sensor or a loose wire in the indicator stalk?

Highway Surfer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy holden 3.8 2003
Had similar problem with my wagon, found it to be earth connection from blinker,cruise control harness. Earth screws into steering column and under where locking mechanism for steering wheel tilt adjustment lever sits in locked position. Need to take off plastic covers off and clean connection, hope that does the trick.

Stuart Gregory Hunt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Is there a certain way to take the steering cover columns off? I've already removed the phillips head screw for the bottom cover but it's not budging.

Highway Surfer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy holden 3.8 2003
Need to separate at the front then slide bottom cover back. It is clipped together at front then has tabs at back of bottom piece.

Highway Surfer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy holden 3.8 2003
While you are there slide indicator stalk block out and disconnect wiring harness and give it a bath in WD40 and blow out with air i sandpapered my earth connection and also on the steering column, why it comes up with ABS fault is one of those mysteries of life. It would not come up on diagnosis tool and mechanic suggested i check all my earths. He had a VE in his shop that would shut the motor down if you touched the horn and it was a bad earth. Hope it fixes it.