Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS and standstill burnouts

B

blofly

just thinking the other night about the ABS system on my car and if it affects a standstill burnout, I don't think it would since the system is designed to stop wheel locking under braking not wheel spinning under braking :confused: any ideas?

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
by the way, is your S/C capable of standstills with no braking?
your post re ABS does make sense.... I have often wondered myself... I've heard this said many times... used as an excuse 'i've got ABS, can't do a standstill!' maybe its like the bloke at the racetrack who said 'I was only on half throttle'!

B

blofly

no with brakes on she wont spin but take my brakes off and floor it right away and she will light up no problem! weird hey!

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
irs and traction control has alot to blame too.

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
yeah you need to break a bit less, you dont want to holt the back wheels, its amazing how some people dont know how to rip a burnout, im nto startign anything...
dont be a pussy when doign a burnout, hold the break pedal in and other foot all the way to the floor dont be a pussy, red line it

Morganv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
once u start it ur pretty much set to fry em. you dont need to rev the hell outta the motor... keep an eye on the temp gauge...

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Stewart1000 said:
yeah you need to break a bit less, you dont want to holt the back wheels, its amazing how some people dont know how to rip a burnout, im nto startign anything...
dont be a pussy when doign a burnout, hold the break pedal in and other foot all the way to the floor dont be a pussy, red line it
I can't pull a burnout on (private) road.. But I can pull em on grass.. A mechanic test driving my car couldn't pull a burnout in my car..

I have the same problem with the arse going down and nothing happening when I try to rip em in my mates AUIII Forte..

But I ripped a nice standstill in another mates EL.. The same way I'd rip one on grass..

Weird?

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
damn im getting horney thinkign about em... maybe your breaks need ajusting, more pressure to the front

edit:
you can clamp the rear brake lines, just dont forget to unclamp them after the burnout

INSINR8R

INSINR8ED as well.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Clubsport R8
any VX other than a V8 cant do stand stills. The IRS and Traction control stop the back wheels from spinning at all, no matter what. Its easier on grass because grass can move, where as the road doesnt move.

If you plan on keeping the car for a while, then take the car to a suspension place and find out if the IRS can be removed or turned off.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
lol IRS turned off or removed? :rofl: