Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS and standstill burnouts

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
thats why there was an exclamation mark after that statement!!!
you're actually closer to the 90's than I am....

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
be interesting to know how old the youngest and oldest in this forum are...

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
greenfoam said:
What happened to the days when you would drive down any back road and see big twin tracks of rubber snaking up the road for hundreds of meters where the local bush boys had been having a test and tune day in their GT's : ), you don't see that much anymore

I just got to walk out my front door and their's double line snakies down the street...

Some DICK in a Au ford XR8 layed it.... I was tempted to throw a brick through his window... the farking w.a.n.k.e.r... It doesn't help me now if I ever want to sell a car now does it...well the rains doing its best to wipe it away... If he ever turns up again... I wont just be tempted with the brick.

:mad:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
sixshooter said:
I just got to walk out my front door and their's double line snakies down the street...

Some DICK in a Au ford XR8 layed it.... I was tempted to throw a brick through his window... the farking w.a.n.k.e.r... It doesn't help me now if I ever want to sell a car now does it...well the rains doing its best to wipe it away... If he ever turns up again... I wont just be tempted with the brick.

:mad:

Thas where u use the phone video camera to record it then you tak it into the police worked a treat for some friends of ours who had wankers doing it i their street

S

Sparkie

Why would you want remove IRS alright maybe causes trye problems but with work it can be fixxed as far as your burnouts go ive seen non IRS late model coms that cant do them. Get one car with out IRS one with both with same modified suspension and see which one wins every time

michael_pomroy

use_it_or_lose_it
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina 3.8L
i have taken my dads vy acclaim out on a few occassions, its got an lsd, obviously abs, and irs, it spins up easy as on the standstill, just gotta remember to take traction off otherwise she stops after like .5 of a sec of spinning... i dunno why ppl have problems doing a burnout/line lockie, cause its only a v6 and does it so easy, i reckon it could just be the drivers, no offence, you just gotta leanr how much brake and how much accelerator... thats my input for the day fella's

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
late model commies without IRS? pretty sure this is standard on ALL post 1999 commodores now (except wagons I think)

I have only been able to arc up my VY once... and that is with 8" wide 245's... Standard 6 banger, ABS, IRS etc... dual lines all the way down the street, errr, drag strip... I have yet to repeat the performance, don't think the girl wants to do it agian, I'm flat out now getting anything round a corner, very happy with the handling in that respect, makes it easier to go hard when you know traction is going to hold. :)

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Traction control has to be off obviously, and I didn't think ABS would make a difference. But there's people saying here "Red-line it" .. I can't, don't know about anyone else. But when any brake is applied at all, the maximum revs sits at 2,500. I've tried all different combinations of brake and accelerator, and it either squats and won't move, or launches. Have to be on very uneven ground for it to spin even a little.

michael_pomroy

use_it_or_lose_it
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina 3.8L
i still dont know why people have troubles doing a stand still, i dont do anything special in my dads acclaim, all i have to do is take off the traction control and she spins up doing a line lockie at the strips... just too easy

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
To the comment about VXs not spinning past 2500 said:
My VS wont spin past 2500 either, when I did take the abs fuse out and got it spinning, it sat on 2500 for about 3-5 secs then bango up to redline and had to feather it... Mine wont spin on the spot all the time either, Iv only tryed it once WITHOUT the abs and seemed to work good... with the abs on.. she's a no go... :S