Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS and TC warning lights on

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Morning all,

So wifey is having a bit of an issue with her 2009 Cruze, a manualy diesel .

She starts the car, gets 3 quick warning chimes and the ABS and TC warning lights come onand sstay on.

Though it seems to only happen when she starts the car after it has been sitting for a while, so when she started it yesterday morning and then after work it happened but when she started it after popping into Holden for a minute it ddidn't happen nor when I started it last night to see the issue.

I read this can be related to a wheel sensor fault, or something as simple as a loose wire. I am going to try disconnecting the battery to reset the computer tonight and seewhat happens but wanted to know if aanyone has other ideas.

Cheers,

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Hey Jest the misses car is doing exactly this, 09 jg cruze manual petrol, did you end up finding out what the problem was?? I will be pulling the wheels off after work to have a look at the wheel speed sensors as i read this is the most common fault aswell. but would like to know how you sorted the problem if you ever did. Cheers

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
there should be a recorded code in the history.

you would hope so, commodore abs modules when they die give all sorts of incorrect codes.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
sorry, just saying why bother guesing? there are something like 200 codes that can trigger the ABS light, and probably about the same for TC, from a single wheel sensor, to low voltage, even to low fluid levels. the code will save you loads of dicking around.

ive got a scan tool that should read it if you wanna drop it round sometime.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
had the same problem, turned out to be loose earth on strut tower.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
I forgot about this. Took to mech he put the tech 2 over it nothing no codes no nothing o_O he also had a "G scan" tool which is ment to be more powerful (???) than the tech 2 also nothing he did this while i was there aswell just to show me.
He called holden and they seem to think it is a ecu or bcm fault, but because of where I live the ecu/bcm have to be pulled out and sent down to holden in melbourne which means the car could be off the road for up to 3 weeks. so when we can have it off the road for that long it will be happening. Sounds bloody expensive though :( I will report back.

Also Ill check the earth on the strut tower hopefully this is the problem.