Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS/climate control/temp gauge fault all at the same time......

fleetwood33

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II Calais V8 HBD
When driving/stationary/ or just starting the car, on occassions, the ABS warning light will come on the dash with audible sound, climate control will get a small "x" on the screen (A/C wont work) and car temperature gauge will not work also ..... are these all to do with the ABS module and does it need replacing? Need a clear confirmation that this is the problem before I go spend the dollars$$$

Thanks everyone for the help...

VY SERIES 2 CALAIS V8

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
sounds like ABS module, wait for confirmation from others, been 15 years since i was working at a holden dealer, forgot heaps.

fleetwood33

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II Calais V8 HBD
sounds like ABS module, wait for confirmation from others, been 15 years since i was working at a holden dealer, forgot heaps.
Thanks for responding (only one so far...), from what I have read it looks like the ABS module

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Unplug the ABS module and start it. If the faults go away and your left with an ABS fault then you will know.

bazagorokan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 CALAIS 2012, A6, 3.6
When driving/stationary/ or just starting the car, on occassions, the ABS warning light will come on the dash with audible sound, climate control will get a small "x" on the screen (A/C wont work) and car temperature gauge will not work also ..... are these all to do with the ABS module and does it need replacing? Need a clear confirmation that this is the problem before I go spend the dollars$$$

Thanks everyone for the help...

VY SERIES 2 CALAIS V8
yeah I had the same problems as you on my vy ss last year , was faulty ABS module . got the module repaired by a company in Victoria , I think " INJECTRONICS " cost $ 600 .

Old_School

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S 3.8L , VT Callais SC L67 3.8L
yeah I had the same problems as you on my vy ss last year , was faulty ABS module . got the module repaired by a company in Victoria , I think " INJECTRONICS " cost $ 600 .
$600 bloody hell , a second hand one from Upullit is $40 & 1 month warranty or exchange in SA , or online I got a remanufactured one for $119 for Vic, haven't had a chance to test it yet , just got it, & didn't have to supply the old core, it looks a bit ugly where they cut the plastic case so they can get in & solder the delicate connections, & reglue it all after, won't see it with the bonnet down & hopefully gets rid of the embarrassing start up beeps

bazagorokan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 CALAIS 2012, A6, 3.6
$600 bloody hell , a second hand one from Upullit is $40 & 1 month warranty or exchange in SA , or online I got a remanufactured one for $119 for Vic, haven't had a chance to test it yet , just got it, & didn't have to supply the old core, it looks a bit ugly where they cut the plastic case so they can get in & solder the delicate connections, & reglue it all after, won't see it with the bonnet down & hopefully gets rid of the embarrassing start up beeps
that one I got for $600 was completely rebuilt as new , and a new one from holden costs around $1000 .

Old_School

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S 3.8L , VT Callais SC L67 3.8L
that one I got for $600 was completely rebuilt as new , and a new one from holden costs around $1000 .
Mine was rebuilt too , $119, everything is made to break theses days, so we all have to keep consuming unfortunately, you pay whatever you must if your in a jam, regards

Godscar

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy berlina
Wreckers 150 get a new module