Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS error fault

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Okay, I checked my ABS faults today.. Found out I have Code 28, Wheel speed sensor...
If I had this code.. Wouldn't my Speedo stop working? (My speedo shows the same speed as my GPS would show)
I read somewhere sometime ago, If you change the Rim Size from the stock size.. that it could alter the ABS from working? Would this be case for having ABS code? If so.. What could I do to fix? -I had the car taken into mechanics a few times.. But the Light had been pulled out at the time..so they prob didnt check up on it..-

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
28 = Wheel speed sensor frequency error.. Yes changing wheel running size can trigger an ABS fault as the pulse timing (frequency) has changed.. Love the pull out the globe trick.. I can't recall if you can reset the fault code via "Diagnostic Request Line Procedure" (the wire trick) However I'm sure with some more hunting around the net you'll find the process. Don't bother removing fuse's or the batt as that won't do a thing beside loosing your radio stations :p

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Ah thanks mate, So Just keep the Globe out seems the best bet :p
Recon Mechanics or Auto Elec could reset it? , Yeah.. I noticed the light ages ago.. so I took the light out.. and Ive had the battery out.. so many times since.. I decided to put the bulb back in and still there..

Wouldn't be anything to worry about? Just pull the globe and forget it? :p

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Well it would be something to worry about as while there is a fault in place you will not have ABS/ESP to my understanding.. If the Mechanic has TECH2 he will be able to clear the codes easily.. May I suggest that you don't take it bake to the same bloke as clearly its out of there league.