Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

(SOLVED) ABS ESP plus other error codes

Jharv588

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Hi guys. Hoping that someone else may have experience with this. Sorry if it's already been posted before. But I couldn't find another thread.

Recently my abs and esp started to play up giving me warnings on the dash. After searching I'd assumed that it must be one of the rear sensors as they seem like a common fault from what I'd read online.

But as per the Supercheap auto scan report it's showing both of the fronts (plus more) I haven't had a chance to check the resistance of them yet. But I'm finding it hard to believe that both front and left sensors would stop working at the same time and that it may be something more serious. The other errors on the list lead me to believe that it's something else as well. Possibly the BCM or some other module?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-07-25-16-35-15-80.png
    Screenshot_2020-07-25-16-35-15-80.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 203
Last edited:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
go the cheapest replace both wheel-sensors.
Reset codes.
See how it goes.
How is the battery??
How many klms

Jharv588

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Have to chance the wheel bearing hub assembles to do that. The front hearings both still feel pretty good.

Battery is a few months old and is reading fine with car on and off.

It's a series one but only has a 127k on the clock. Believe it sat around for a while before the last person bought it and sold it to me.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Sounds like they left it for you.
Hope it works out mate good luck all the best.
Please keep us updated.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
The better half had a series 1 that threw up identical codes

The rear abs loom was broken and the throttle body was knackered (even though the car drove fine)

You able to source a throttle body from somewhere/someone to check if it corrects the issue? Very simple to change but you wanna know that it’s the cause of the problem before you go and drop $300 on a new one

Jharv588

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore

The rear abs loom was broken and the throttle body was knackered (even though the car drove fine)

You able to source a throttle body from somewhere/someone to check if it corrects the issue? Very simple to change but you wanna know that it’s the cause of the problem before you go and drop $300 on a new one

Sorry. Only saw this now. Thanks for the feedback on that. Quite a strange thing to cause that. Just after I'd ordered a replacement abs module (after being advised that's likely the cause) the issue stopped. The module arrives tomorrow lol. I might have to look at throttle bodies online as well. Don't have one I could test out unfortunately. But for the meantime while it's working ok I'll just leave it be. No idea if it's connected but I switched from E10 fuel over to 95. Maybe it doesn't like the E10.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
wheel sensors, rear loom are cheap, dont think abs module (expensive) is though and more than likely not the problem, get battery load tested to be sure

Jharv588

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Just an update for anyone else with the same situation. Front wheel sensors have been replaced, tried another ABS module that I had programed to my VIN, and also a new throttle body as suggested. Issue still exists. Also, checked the connection between the module and the front abs sensors with a multi metre and it was perfect. So, still at square one. Bought some cheap rear speed sensors just to give that a go. Who knows...

Quark1134

Reaction score
Members Ride
Senator

The rear abs loom was broken ...
Just an update for anyone else with the same situation. Front wheel sensors have been replaced, tried another ABS module that I had programed to my VIN, and also a new throttle body as suggested. Issue still exists. Also, checked the connection between the module and the front abs sensors with a multi metre and it was perfect. So, still at square one. Bought some cheap rear speed sensors just to give that a go. Who knows...

Had a similar issue - shop fixed it by replacing the rear ABS loom - apparently a known issue.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
clear the codes and see what comes back