Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS Failure ???

Deauled

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi, I wonder if anyone could give me some ideas about my cars ABS failure problem?

The brake pads are new (6 months ago) and I checked all the wheels, nothing wrong with the pads, speed sensors-wiring seems fine. The brake booster seems OK and I cannot find anything wrong with the master cilinder (brakes well).
On start up the ABS failure comes on (not every start-up), during driving it comes on and goes off now and then. But when I brake (not every time) I hear a grainy noise at the front wheels and can feel a"boing" on the brake pedal.

It feels like metal on metal, but the brake pads have easily 90% pad left.

Does any one had this problem before? Any ideas? Can only get it to Holden next week.

Cheers

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
could be a few things and stupidly as I found out Holden use that warning for many brake issues.

Mine have been related to the handbrake and low brake fluid in the reservoir when Ive had the ABS failure show up on start up, but it sounds like you have more to it then that.

Deauled

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Thanks Torquative,

I think it is more than that, yes the brake fluid is full, and I have adjusted the handbrake.

I would like to know the what the symptoms are with a wheel sensor faulure. I have read that it may case a grinding sound at the wheel and a pedal "boing".
from this site Brake & Hydraulic Problems

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Mmm - could be, and if its giving out false readings its trying to apply ABS to that wheel

VZCALAIS190

Reaction score
Members Ride
Barbados Mica VZ Calais
I get ABS fail messages on start-up for a second or two whenever the battery is a little low. Don't know why it does it there's definately nothing wrong with the ABS. Apparantley it's normal so i just ignore it now.