Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Abs fault flash on start up.

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Over the past week I have been getting a very quick message on the dash only when cranking the engine over "ABS FAULT" only for a quick second then it's gone. I always for the first time of the day just turn the ignition to standby while it does a check and wait for the "OK" message then start the engine. Is it a glitch ? should I get it checked ? what can I do to check ?

doms1

Reaction score
Members Ride
BANNED
Over the past week I have been getting a very quick message on the dash only when cranking the engine over "ABS FAULT" only for a quick second then it's gone. I always for the first time of the day just turn the ignition to standby while it does a check and wait for the "OK" message then start the engine. Is it a glitch ? should I get it checked ? what can I do to check ?

My vz did it until i replaced the battery which was on way out never done it since.Try unpluging battery if its ok ,if not get a new battery

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
My vz did it until i replaced the battery which was on way out never done it since.Try unpluging battery if its ok ,if not get a new battery

I have already tried disconnecting the battery still get the same thing. Battery is only a year old ? RACV battery.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
how far are you drives normally, might not be charging for long enough

tanner892

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV M6
hey buddy i had the same problem, probly around 3 months before my battery went (however my battery was about 4 years old), replaced and never happened again.

Mexicanwill

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore equipe

Mexicanwill

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore equipe
Hey just wondering did u ever find out what it was mine been doing same came up on computer as a brake switch fault that the code it threw out!

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Often it's the battery not having enough grunt left in it to run the ABS pump check as well as cranking. Always check the easiest thing first, a battery that is not tip top can cause all sorts of "odd" faults. Get it properly load tested and go from there.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Yep , check your battery terminals are tight , or get a volt check on the battery , I had the ABS fault come up on my VZ , culprit was lose battery cable