Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS fault & Service error contact dealer

CollingwoodCommvy03

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore vy 2003
Hello, I have a 2003 Holden Commodore Vy Acclaim. When I got the car I was told the only issue was an ABS sensor.
Took the car in for a service and it come back with ABS Fault and Service error contact dealer.
When you plug in the Diagnostic tool it is not reading any faults and keeps telling me my car is a V8 when its a V6.

Any ideas to fix or when this is. I really at this point cannot afford to put any more money into this car if I am just going to keep having this issue.
any help or advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hello, I have a 2003 Holden Commodore Vy Acclaim. When I got the car I was told the only issue was an ABS sensor.
Took the car in for a service and it come back with ABS Fault and Service error contact dealer.
When you plug in the Diagnostic tool it is not reading any faults and keeps telling me my car is a V8 when its a V6.

Any ideas to fix or when this is. I really at this point cannot afford to put any more money into this car if I am just going to keep having this issue.
any help or advice will be appreciated.

Thanks
Sounds like the wrong cluster? Previous owner has put in a v8 cluster instead of the v6 cluster?

What diagnostic tool you using?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
As above ^^^
That sounds right,
V8 Cluster with less K's
"Excellent Car and Low K/m's"

Last edited:

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Was the fault on the dash when you bought it ?,
If so, that is deemed as roadworthy item that needs to be rectified/fixed before sale.