Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS Issue and other faults with my VY V6

hahny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Acclaim Series 2
Hey all,

For a bit over a month now my commodore has been coming up with an ABS fault which will then lead to a service fault asking to check engine and would sometimes display an SRS fault, though sometimes I can start the car without any faults other than SRS which is always on now, it'll most likely give me the other faults while driving.

Soon I'm going to replace my 589 ABS and T/C module as people have had the same issues, I've been offered a 485 module and was wondering if that would work?

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

AB 1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy manual ute and 1998 VS S pac ute
From what I have heard and read that does sound like an ABS Module problem but always get other opinions first.

AB 1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry I'm not sure if it would work I would wait and see what others have to say

hahny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Acclaim Series 2
found a 589 module and the abs issue is gone now, still stuck with srs though it doesn't seem to implicate the car from what I can notice, seeing an auto-electrician this week to figure the rest out.

AB 1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi the SRS warning is probley a different issue, have you taken seats or anything like that out Since?