Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Abs light on dash

rokdawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy berlina
Hi people first time in here and could do with some advice on behalf of my brother in law. Today he replaced front part of handbrake cable and when he finished installing it he turned on ignition and now the abs light stays on,on the dash. The car is a vy berlina 2004 series 2. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
May have pinched a wire between the centre console and a mounting bolt or screw, or something aint plugged back in somewhere.

More than likely something isn't plugged back in.

Last edited:

rokdawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy berlina
May have pinched a wire between the centre console and a mounting bolt or screw, or something aint plugged back in somewhere.

More than likely something isn't plugged back in.

rokdawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy berlina
Hello. Yesterday I put up a post about abs light staying on on the dash. As I have just found out today and I should have checked yesterday it isn’t the abs light staying on it’s srs light staying on. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated and thank you to those of you who replied to me earlier. Sorry for the confusion

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Check the airbag plugs are plugged in under the driver and passenger front seats and the pretensioner plugs are plugged in too. They are yellow in colour. Also re my reply make sure you haven't pinched any harnesses under any thing.

Just retrace you steps when you pulled it apart.

If everything checks out you have probably turned the ignition key on sometime during having things unplugged, and if thats the case you'll need a scan tool Tech2 or one that can clear SRS codes and it will be all sweet.

rokdawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy berlina
Yeah they were checked and double checked so I think your right about the ignition. Thanks for the advice and hopefully this will be the last of this problem. Cheers