Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS light stays on.

Bigdiskbob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SV6 Spac Supercharged
2000 Vx spac L67 Eaton Supercharged. ABS light comes on randomly, when I start the car it’s not litt up, then approximately after driving for say 30 minutes or so it comes on & stays on when I turn motor off it seems to reset itself until I start car the day next day. Scan tool will not communicate with the instrument cluster and the BCM & the ABS. This problem has been going on for quite some time. The car appears to drive normally no engine hesitation at all the only thing is the ABS light stays on,

Bay 13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT.
Scan tool wont work on a vx, Could be one of the wheel sensors or even a bad relay inside the ABS module.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
from a previous post it appears you can display abs codes similar to ecu codes by bridging pins at obd2 connector.
Except for abs, bridge pins 5 and 12 and then turn ignition to reds and count abs light flashes

Last edited:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Suggest you place a full stop after "obd2 connector", and start a new sentence at "Except". You really had me confused as you appeared to be contradicting yourself - and I know what you were trying to say (LOL).

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
done
and my daughter, the english teacher, better not see this

Last edited: