Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS module repaired

ZXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Sportwagon
Hi All

I have read lots of posts on the faulty ABS module for vt/vx but my question is the guys that repair them what do they repair and so really what actually goes wrong with them?

Cheers Mick

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
mate my dad had an abs module problem. the instrument cluster would light up like a xmas tree everytime you started her up, the abs and traction control wouldnt work and funny enough the air con as well. We asked around for prices to get it fixed. it was about the same everywhere give or take $10. We ended get it done at holden as the price was quite competitive. $560 from memory. dont quote me on that. That was for a refurbished ABS module. a new one would have cost and arm and leg. 3 yrs on and everythings fine.. no problems at all.

hope this helps

ZXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Sportwagon
Thanks for the reply.
I guess though what i mean is technically what is the fault inside of the unit and
how do these guys that refurbish them fix it?

Cheers Mick

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
thats something thats not solid, these faults can range from many things from the Chips to resistors to the electrical channels, its hard to say what the fault is exactly without diagnostic equipment or patients to test every little conductor, resister, chip pin, and check the actual circuit board for damage.