Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Abs module test?

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
Hi. I.ve got an 03 vy berlina. Abs, srs, trac, aircon fault lights coming on at times. Some posts have suggested the abs module could be the problem. Can i drive my car with the abs disconnected? I wonder if i were to do this if all these lights may stop coming on, could it possibly tell me where the problem is coming from? Gus.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
A mobile mechanic with a good diagnostic device can plug it in to the car and run the tests required to diagnose the possible fault.

That’s the only way it can be done with out throwing dollars at part swapping.

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
A mobile mechanic with a good diagnostic device can plug it in to the car and run the tests required to diagnose the possible fault.

That’s the only way it can be done with out throwing dollars at part swapping.
Hi thanks for your reply. I had a mechanic who was supposed to be good tell me i needed another bcm. So i got one, an ecu and a key from the wreckers as i wasn.t going to pay him $700 for a new bcm and keys and the problem is still there. Mech told me because his tool said loss of coms with bcm that that was the prob but it doesn.t seem to be the case. I just don.t believe i could have 2 faulty bcm.s. The aircon seems to increase the likelihood of the lights coming on although they do at other times. Any ideas? I appreciate your help. Gus.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Has the battery been tested? The alternator? I’m not sure if VY has voltage controlled by ECM or BCM like VZ-VF.

In those cars, when voltage drops the computer starts cutting off systems to conserve power to run the car.

If you tell us where you live, maybe some JC members can throw some recommendations for mechanics/technicians near you.

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
Has the battery been tested? The alternator? I’m not sure if VY has voltage controlled by ECM or BCM like VZ-VF.

In those cars, when voltage drops the computer starts cutting off systems to conserve power to run the car.

If you tell us where you live, maybe some JC members can throw some recommendations for mechanics/technicians near you.
Thanks for your reply. I live in corio. I drove the car the other day with abs mod wiring disconnected and although the trac and abs warnings came on the other warnings and silly things did not. Another member believes another abs mod will fix the prob. Do you agree? I.m sold on getting another mod but more opinions are worth seeking too. Gus.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for your reply. I live in corio. I drove the car the other day with abs mod wiring disconnected and although the trac and abs warnings came on the other warnings and silly things did not. Another member believes another abs mod will fix the prob. Do you agree? I.m sold on getting another mod but more opinions are worth seeking too. Gus.
Yeah, without any tech equipment, it’s probably a good way to make an informed guess. A good chance that’s the issue.