Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS module

v6 panelvan

Reaction score
Members Ride
wb panelvan
hey guys,

this is probably going to sound like a real stupid question but, do all model VS commodores have ABS brakes? mines only a series 2 executive. and if they do, where do u find the ABS module?

my brakes were playing up and a mate suggested the ABS module, so i was looking for it, and couldnt find it, coudlnt even find a reference to it in the gregorys i have?? but there are pictures of it on google etc??

im just confused haha

cheers

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
In the engine bay there should be a black box between the fuse box and the engine of your car
If you have a vs, it should be about the same..

Heres a link that you could use to find problems? https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/abs-error-codes.56087

And a picture where most ABS modules are on commodores
111610d1298520472-abs-module-abs.jpg

Attachments

• abs.jpg
    abs.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 5,220

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
hey guys,

this is probably going to sound like a real stupid question but, do all model VS commodores have ABS brakes? mines only a series 2 executive. and if they do, where do u find the ABS module?

my brakes were playing up and a mate suggested the ABS module, so i was looking for it, and couldnt find it, coudlnt even find a reference to it in the gregorys i have?? but there are pictures of it on google etc??

im just confused haha

cheers

ABS was an option on the VS base models, for the berlina and calais models, Im pretty sure it was standard on these. My VS exec doesnt have it thank god...

Last edited:

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
When you turn on the ignition, the ABS dash light should come on then go out.

Assuming ABS is fitted and working correctly.

v6 panelvan

Reaction score
Members Ride
wb panelvan
ah makes much more sense now, thats probably why i cant find it lol. cause by the looks of the photo above, it sits right infront of the master cylinder and sticks out like dogs balls, id have to be blind to miss it lol.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
If you dont have it, that top hose will be a L shape and will go around the back of the power steering box