Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS Problems with 20" Rims on a VZ Ute?? NEED HELP BAD

Thats-How-We-Roll

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VZ V6 Ute On 20z
g'day all
i put 20" rims on my vz ute on sunday, and when i clock up to 80-90kms it seems to set off the ABS and then its beeps and says ABS fault and then (!) BRAKE. and contiously aswell!!!GRRR but it doesnt happen when i just cruise around town etc.

also...
if i put SL king springs in the rear after the guards are rolled. will it sit nice ? and not scrub?

thank you all

dakman

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute 22's lowered hardlid
my mate has ssl king springs with 20inch rims, he has no problems at all. doesnt scrub anything. pretty sure his tyres are either 225 or 235 wide, cant remember and he doesnt have an abs problem, i have 22s on a ve and dont have a problem. u could just have a problem with ur abs?? cause it shouldnt just happen

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
is the tyre profile the same for all, if you have say 225/35/20 on the front, and 225/40/20, it will give different speed pulses from the abs sensors and think there is a fault

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
SL springs will still sit up in the clouds... SSSL is the go

SimoVXSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
maybe get your ABS module checked? Mine just crapped itself and it was doing the same thing as yours. Only going off when giving it a boot and staying off when cruising.

May have nothing to do with the wheels and is just a coincidence.

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
maybe get your ABS module checked? Mine just crapped itself and it was doing the same thing as yours. Only going off when giving it a boot and staying off when cruising.

May have nothing to do with the wheels and is just a coincidence.

yep same thing with mine. get one of ebay for 180 i think, holden charge a whopping 800 for them.