Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS & SRS errors, Dash flashing on and off, stalling.

aussiegal7

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY S2 Acclaim 3.6 Sedan
Please help.

My V6 VY S2 is doing the following:

It's saying airbag error at startup hit mode and it disappears and I don't see it again (have srs module coming)

It's flashing loss of traction and traction control on and ABS error, even when traction control is manually turned off. It brakes on the straight when there's no reason for it to be braking, and the frequency of errors increases quickly once triggered. If I can't pull over quickly enough it will stall on the road. The dash completely goes black and on and off several times before stalling. Once it starts flashing errors and I use or change the blinkers, wipers or aircon settings if seems to overload everything and stalls pretty much instantly.

I have already replaced the ABS module this week and it made no difference at all.

Please help I need to get it running asap as I use it to get my daughter to her medical treatment 2hrs away.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Wasn't there not a Earthing issue with the VY's as one stage, correct me if I am wrong o_O,
that did this, loss of comms with the dash and stalling, :confused:
As longs at the Alternator and Battery is ok, that one thing you don't have to look at, I would say a connection issue
Start with checking ALL the plugs and connectors to the ECU, BMC, the Traction Control units,
And any Ground Connections to the Body,
where to start ?,
At the beginning, and its a very good place to start :D
ECU is in the Left hand kick panel, check for any foreign items, Water for a start, as that's where the Antenna cables come in the side panel, and the rubber bung may of dislodged, and check all the plugs, at least thats starting point. :cool:,
If you are unable to check it, maybe get a partner and/or a friend.

Last edited:

aussiegal7

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've replaced the battery, alternator, abs module and airbag module and NOTHING has changed. Still throwing random errors and the dash is flashing and going blank and then stalling.

aussiegal7

Reaction score
Members Ride
When running it with the abs module unplugged it is throwing no errors and having no problems other then the initial error on startup which is cancelled when you hit the mode button. What else is in the abs system that could be faulty? Any sensors? Connections know to cause problems?

henstepper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore Executive s2
Check the fuses located under the steering column and also in the compartment usually left side under the bonnet

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Same regulator on the alternator or a new one

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Mine did the same and it was first best to try a new regulator, but in the end on mine i had to get a new alternator

I think a new alternator should always get a new reg nonetheless, but dont quote me on that :)

How much u spent on this error so far? Wowsers

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
When running it with the abs module unplugged it is throwing no errors and having no problems other then the initial error on startup which is cancelled when you hit the mode button. What else is in the abs system that could be faulty? Any sensors? Connections know to cause problems?
It sounds like the abs module you replaced it with is either faulty or the wrong type for your system.
When changing abs modual, was the part number the same?