Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Absolute Rorting...

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Well last night had 2 mates in the car and we got pulled over by the cops...Now i wasnt speeding :D or doing anything wrong and old **** stubble fkwit comes over says what is the horn used for? and i said to signal other drivers and for emergency's and he goes now what did you use it for and i said buddy i didnt touch my horn. I didnt. So i denyed it. Got a ticket for it anyway $45 and also my registration label. Now i was under the impression you keep that label on until you recieve the new one in the mail. Rego had been paid but the sticker expired on the 6/5/05.....Now he says you are to take it off as soon as it expires but ill bet you anything if i had taken it off i would have got a ticket for that as well so i recieved a $60 for displaying an expired rego.
This is not on as far as im concerned...this stupid **** can go and get ****ed...

Any ideas people?...

Kurt.

B

BLACK346

Gobbles said:
Well last night had 2 mates in the car and we got pulled over by the cops...Now i wasnt speeding :D or doing anything wrong and old **** stubble fkwit comes over says what is the horn used for? and i said to signal other drivers and for emergency's and he goes now what did you use it for and i said buddy i didnt touch my horn. I didnt. So i denyed it. Got a ticket for it anyway $45 and also my registration label. Now i was under the impression you keep that label on until you recieve the new one in the mail. Rego had been paid but the sticker expired on the 6/5/05.....Now he says you are to take it off as soon as it expires but ill bet you anything if i had taken it off i would have got a ticket for that as well so i recieved a $60 for displaying an expired rego.
This is not on as far as im concerned...this stupid **** can go and get ****ed...

Any ideas people?...

Kurt.

I would think it would be your responsibility to make
sure you get the new sticker in time. If you are getting
it mailed, you would need to pay the rego enough in
advance to allow for postage time, or if possible go
into a rego centre and get one printed.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
That's mighty rough, I know it's probably going to differ elsewhere but you get like a receipt number when you pay it assuming you paid it online, from there it advises you may drive the car up until you receive the new one in the post which takes a few days.

There is nothing to mention that the old one must be removed. I would be inclined to fight it, you obviously have your registration paid up to date and they should be able to see that if he spent the time looking it up, it's not your fault that you have not received the new one.

I dare say you just happened to get a cop who woke up on the wrong side of the bed. It sounds very much the same scenario when I got pulled over recently, he realised I didn't do wheelies as he put it so he got me for something else.

R

rattattack1313

wow man..thats a bitch... my rego was waaaaayyyy over due, and when I paid it online, (veryyy late!!) I was on the phone to motor reg at the same time....and the woman told me to write down , or print out , the details of my payment...and the rceipt number...all the cop had to do was radio in, and he woulda known it was still registered.......and yea, if you took the old sticker off, before you had the new sticker, it's a real cop magnet.......I'd go to motor reg, and fight it.......

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Strange.. We got 3 cars in the family and we recieve the rego sticker and payment slip a month before the old rego expires... Maybe its just a victoria thing?

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
take the bastards for all they are worth

in qld you arnt alowed to remove the old sticker untill the new one is on the car, if you leave the old sticker on and put the new one on also then you can get a fine

as for using the horn, well, if you didnt use it, fight it champ, serioulsy, fight it, dont take this crap of the qld police, they are realy starting to **** me,

take it to the courts buddy, dont take this crap of anyone

cheers
garth

1uzVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GXP Maloo A6 317kw
yeah i agree **** em fight the matter

down here in vic we get the new sticker with the rego bill so as soon as we pay weather be on line bpay at the post office ect we have the new one

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Find yourself a good free lawyer and head on down to the courthouse.

Stick it to the man!

WARNING: the man usually wins so be prepared to lose.

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
"I fought the law and the law won..." No seriously mate good luck. Bring 'em down.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
OMG other people online at this time of a friday night? NO WAY! Nobody could have less of a social life than me!

(No I'm not a loser, I do get invited to go out, I just don't ((well I do every second week)) because I am saving my money and in order to save a sufficient ammount of money I need to make sacrifices and my biggest vice/money-leakage-anally is going out, so I stopped, well almost stopped.)

ON TOPIC
FIGHT THE POWER!!! AND WIN!! YAY!! BY MORE THAN 6 GOALS!!