Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

absorption pad under bonnet

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
How the he'll do you get the absorption pad off the bonnet without damaging it or the plugs. The plugs that hold it against the bonnet are the hardest to get off. Iv tried being gentle but ended up snapping 2 plugs now. And if you use long nose pliers it squashes the pad and wrecks it. Anyone got ideas.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
You can save the plugs but you wreak the bonnet.
I coudnt get Identical replacement plugs so what I did was using a hole saw cut a 50mm hole in the outside of the bonnet and compress the clip and push it out.

I could replace the bonnet easily enough but not the insulating pad and plugs.

Scott

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
You can save the plugs but you wreak the bonnet.
I coudnt get Identical replacement plugs so what I did was using a hole saw cut a 50mm hole in the outside of the bonnet and compress the clip and push it out.

I could replace the bonnet easily enough but not the insulating pad and plugs.

Scott

Cheers Scott. Iv just source this bonnet and wanted it and the pad for a rebuild. My bonnet is rusted at the top lip and i didnt have the pad. Its getn painted then the pad put back on. Iv just found out the plugs are the same as VN-VS so ill cut each plug off and get new ones

Cheers
Mick