Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AC blowing hot air - VF CalaisV

BG91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hi all, long time listener - first time caller

Having some concerns with my VF Calais V - It's blowing hot air through the drivers side, cooler air on the passenger.

I've had the car in at auto masters - they can't see any fault codes coming up when it's plugged in and given it a once over and can't find the issue - they've sent me back to the dealer, but knowing how much i'm potentially up for, thought I'd check with the legends here to see if anyone knows what could be happening?

- Heater core is running at at least 50 degs
- regassed twice - when it's regassed, it goes bacl to normal then gradually gets worse.
- when regassing, it still has a full charge (for anyone assuming a leak)
- issue starts on the drivers side, then develops gradually on passenger side

the regas generally fixes the issue temporarily but within 1000km its back to hot air.

If anyone has any ideas, would be much appreaciated - might be able to save me a trip to the dealer

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Make sure ALL vents are open, then cycle through from hot to cold several times, then set it where you like it. Mine has done it before after my wife closed the passenger vent, and it took a few days to settle down.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Are the vents all electric these days, or are the still old-skool vacuum? Only asking because the way it's described, it sounds not unlike what I've seen in older cars with vacuum-operated vents when there's an air-leak in the system.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Make sure ALL vents are open
this.

also if it is an early model car, you can talk to holden about calibration of the air splitter (im not sure of the correct name).
i believe the controller/module? was replaced with a different part at some point so the later cars it cant be done.

theres more than a couple of threads on here describing the same issue. it really is just a hopeless HVAC system.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Are the vents all electric these days, or are the still old-skool vacuum? Only asking because the way it's described, it sounds not unlike what I've seen in older cars with vacuum-operated vents when there's an air-leak in the system.
Electric actuators are used in the VF

BG91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I'm just about to look at the actuators, I'm hesitant to, the passenger side has gone since automasters played with it, also considering the actuators come good after being vacuumed when it was regassed. does anyone know if there is still a heater tap on the VF and if it is vaccuum fed?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I'm just about to look at the actuators, I'm hesitant to, the passenger side has gone since automasters played with it, also considering the actuators come good after being vacuumed when it was regassed. does anyone know if there is still a heater tap on the VF and if it is vaccuum fed?

I think the water runs through the heater all the time like the VE. The HVAC just diverts the air through the heater core or bypasses it.