Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AC/stereo not working

DeeDee 29

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega 2008
Need help my Holden VE omega 2008 stereo and aircon won't turn on or work after hitting bumps on the road. Please help

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Sure sounds like a loose wire or connector,
Or even a earth wire, I would check the loom connector at the -
ECU [located in the passengers kick panel]
BCM located drivers side kick panel [above the accelerator]
And connectors behind the radio and HVAC unit,
Could even be a bad ground wire, there are a few under the dash.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Could just be that the facia bumped loose.

Give it a shove and make sure it’s in properly.

The way these are fitted is they push in and are fixed with clips not screws.

To remove the facia you grip the bottom where the storage tray is. Pull up with some effort and it comes away.

So give it a shove to make sure it’s seated in properly.

If that’s no good, remove the drivers side trim on the centre console and make sure the plug hasn’t come loose.
There is also an earth point for the harness that will be visible. Make sure it’s tight.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Could just be that the facia bumped loose.

Give it a shove and make sure it’s in properly.

The way these are fitted is they push in and are fixed with clips not screws.

To remove the facia you grip the bottom where the storage tray is. Pull up with some effort and it comes away.

So give it a shove to make sure it’s seated in properly.

If that’s no good, remove the drivers side trim on the centre console and make sure the plug hasn’t come loose.
There is also an earth point for the harness that will be visible. Make sure it’s tight.

The VE 2008 Omega is just about impossible to get the FACIA out without breaking those 4 plastic lugs. I remove the Facia out of the cheap Red 2008 Omega to swap it for the blue VE Anniversity Facia (for the Issue with the wrong vents selection) and I have and broken the 4 lugs off them. (I put the facia back in with 4 small dabs of Salistic) I use the EXACT method whats used on youtube and yourself but it broke the 4 lugs of the facia. No doubt the youtube ones are staged to come out freely but I agree that Facia control's everything.
Also I have a feeling that that Facia and the Stereo Head Unit some how controls the Air Con too as tomorrow I'm meeting a Air Con business tomorrow and I will ask them if they have heard of the Issue I have with the Vents forgetting what position they are in.
If the HVAC Module has a issue with those 3 plugs that are hard to get out normally I think that the AIR will stop not the stereo but you need to find out that something that is common to the both.
Most Connectors on Cars today are designed not to come out even with the biggest bump but I have notice on one occasion that I experienced that one of these hard to remove sockets had a broken lug that stopped the socket coming out in the first place and because of this it fell out after a going over a Hump at a car park. the Only way to fix it was put it back in, and give it a small Adhesive salistic either side and let it dry.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Off topic but This might help?

Attachments

• ADAIR AC TECH TIPS.pdf
    384.1 KB · Views: 285

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride