Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Accelaration question

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
Soybean said:
the clutch is fine no slipping only had it adjusted about a month ago,didnt change it.
hmmm.....
was it slipping before you adjusted it ......what was the reason for adjusting??? could be something as simple as having small hot spots on the flywheel or pressure plate

Soybean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 5-speed
sorry about that it doesent change when slipping, anyway thanks for the info fellas i think i can live with it for now, its not that bad.

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
DaPlaya said:
split tail shaft centre bearing (do manuals have the split tail shaft?)

It does sound like this. Manuals do have the two piece tailshaft, just the gearbox half is shorter, due to the T5 being longer. It's possible that it has slipped out of phase.

MBS206

Reaction score
deathsminion said:
It does sound like this. Manuals do have the two piece tailshaft, just the gearbox half is shorter, due to the T5 being longer. It's possible that it has slipped out of phase.
Say what now? My T5 is around 10-15CM shorter then my 4L60E... (I did a conversion, so I had both gearbox sitting right beside each other and had a good look at length differences...)

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
MBS206 said:
Say what now? My T5 is around 10-15CM shorter then my 4L60E... (I did a conversion, so I had both gearbox sitting right beside each other and had a good look at length differences...)
i hope your next response is't going to be
my tailshaft has slipped out of gearbox now sliding on roof

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
MBS206 said:

I'd be very concerned then. Because I've also done the conversion, and the T5 is definitely longer. I'd get pics, but its dark, cold and wet outside.