Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Acceleration issue

cordobaleon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore S Ute series 1
G'day, got an issue with my VY UTE S pack where I am losing acceleration at 60kph.
I've replaced plugs,leads,coils,refurbed injectors, air filter meter,fuel filter and air filter. As I'm driving, when trying to put my foot down it gives me nothing. I've had the trans checked and ok'd, cat has been checked too.
Doesn't appear to be any air leaks either.
Been scanned and no error codes come up.
I'm at a loss here.

Last edited:

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
fuel pressure? stick a fuel pressure gauge on it and go for a drive see if it drops off.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
G'day, got an issue with my VY UTE S pack where I am losing acceleration at 60kph.
I've replaced plugs,leads,coils,refurbed injectors, air filter meter,fuel filter and air filter. As I'm driving, when trying to put my foot down it gives me nothing. I've had the trans checked and ok'd, cat has been checked too.
Doesn't appear to be any air leaks either.
Been scanned and no error codes come up.
I'm at a loss here.
If v6 did you replace the dfi & check the wiring that goes to the dfi plug?

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
I didn't see throttle position sensor in that list there like 30 bucks brand new you will be spewing if that's your cause

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Might have to bite the bullet and book it in mate. Sounding like you have already thrown some parts at it, and could throw in some more and still not figure it out. These sorts of problems are often not easily sorted over the net.

cordobaleon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore S Ute series 1
Might have to bite the bullet and book it in mate. Sounding like you have already thrown some parts at it, and could throw in some more and still not figure it out. These sorts of problems are often not easily sorted over the net.
Agreed, mate.. Spewing.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
fuel pressure? stick a fuel pressure gauge on it and go for a drive see if it drops off.