Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Acceleration Lag

thebulk

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE
I've just done the two hole mod on my VZ SV6 and when I'm coasting in a particular gear with revs above 2000rpm and drop the foot the revs go up then down about 200rpm for a second then it climbs back up as I accelerate - it doesn't decelerate but it definately does not accelerate for a second........ thoughts......... - is this normal?

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
does it in mine what are ur list of mods and is it auto or manual, i think its a torque limiters but yeah not sure

thebulk

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE
its an auto and the two hole mod is the only thing ive done. It happens even when i'm in A/S so not sure whats going on......

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
^^^mate he's in Melborne, not Sydney.

Sorry, cant help u out on this on. Ive done the 2 hole mod but mine is a 6spd manual & my SV6 doesnt do this. Not sire what it could be exactly.

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
I've just done the two hole mod on my VZ SV6 and when I'm coasting in a particular gear with revs above 2000rpm and drop the foot the revs go up then down about 200rpm for a second then it climbs back up as I accelerate - it doesn't decelerate but it definately does not accelerate for a second........ thoughts......... - is this normal?

Would the increase in revs be due to the gearbox slipping into neutral and then when it selects a gear the revs drop again?

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
yeh mine does that, I have the HSV air box (essentially 2 hole mod) and an LS1 exhaust. Has been doing it for 2 years now without issue so I'll leave it :thumbsup:

thebulk

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE
Thanks guys - I'm pretty sure that it would be something to do with the transmission - I guess an A/S auto will never be a manual so you have to expect lag while it decides what it wants to do.....

Just thought I'd ask around - this torque management thing you talk about Fishmann is that a mechanical or an electrical device? is it connected to the traction control unit?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
im guessing torque converter is probably locking up, put it in power mode and try it, or flatten your foot, small throttle input may do that