Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Acceleration on v8

jjaassee

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais international 6.0lt
What's the best way to improve speed of the line in v8 Calais international

jjaassee

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais international 6.0lt
I brought it yesterday and havnt done anythig as of yet but I will do exhaust with extractors for sure because I love the noise.
Just dunno where to from there

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
The big thing that often gets neglected is actually getting power to the road. You can have all the power in the world, but if you can't make it stick it's worth exactly #### all. Good suspension set up, including shocks and bushes, to keep the rear end under control, a good LSD and good tyres will help massively with pace off the line. Then you want to focus on your torque.

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Yep definatly diff gears, the 3.45units out of the manual cars seem to be a perfect fit for the A6. I know of 2 people who have the 3.7diff's and both have different opinions on them, one hates the very very short 1-2-3 but the other guy loves it. Doing a full exhuast inc some big 4-1 headers & high flows cats, combined with an otr & tune will go well with the shortened gears.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I've got a six but reckon a diff although can see the benefit in tyres and suspension too. Particularly in a ute.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
As mentioned, diff gears. I only went to a 3.27 lsd from the 2.92 single spinner and it was a big improvement.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I'll say diff too... Just changing to LSD makes a major improvement as you don't get one wheel slipping. I got 3.45 ratio and am happy with it.