Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Accelerator cable tightening

Salada

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Manual
I have a bit of slack in the pedal so I went to tighten the cable and can't seem to rotate one if the nuts?
L63Nswu.jpg

I've loosened the inside one and I can't get the outside one to snug up the bracket? What am I doing wrong haha it just doesn't turn, any help appreciated

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Haha...Push the cable assembly towards the throttle body, hold the rear of the cable with some pliers, not too tight and then loosen the nut.
It's because the cable is still connected to the T/B and accelerator pedal, therefore forcing the nut back on the bracket.

Take care when tightening the nuts, as the thread as only plastic and can strip very easily.

Last edited:

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Also, probably not having been touched for a long time, the plastic thread can become slightly distorted in the metal thread of the nut.
It will come off. Just take it easy.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
try heating it with a hair drier, might make the nut expand just a little and also make the plastic more pliable

Salada

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Manual
Haha thanks guys, pliers did the trick. Was scared i was gonna break something, broken enough things on this car trying to fix things :p