Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Accepting Defeat

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Hey all,

This might be a goodbye, Might not be I dont know.....

Well stage 1 = http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?p=421236#post421236

A lot of stuffs happend, Stuff I've realised, Looking through receipts....

Accepting defeat the VN has cost me way to much just over $9k in total, And it has a blown motor & ****ed paintjob.

Going to try to recoup my losses, I'm going into the melbourne RAAF building tomorrow & enrolling myself once again. This time sticking with it.

I've lost a lot of friends lately, the only friends I do have now are people I met through here.

Oh well, I enrol in the RAAF atleast I'm doing something worthwhile, Because currently I'm still un-employed unable to find an apprenticeship, Car that's been driveable for the passed 2 1/2" years blows up 2 weeks after I get my P's and it's the gentlest it's ever been driven.... Self realisation is scary when it all turns out to be true and you can admit to yourself your a Lazy slob.

Cheers
MaT

Last edited:

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
ok, first, thats quitters talk!

you have a VN SI.... do you know how easy it is to get a reco'd engine in? Im not talking the ecotec either, jsut a straight VNSI engine...cars take our money and shove it up their tail pipes.. thats what they do!

You wanna go to the RAAF then go for it.... but if your just depressed that the vn has **** itself again then its time to wake up and relise that cars break! Its wether you like it that much you wanna keep it. It's just the engine. The time and effort you have put into the little things is never gonna come back to you, not even close, by selling the shell.

Your car has even sentimental value to me....

Hozy, JC is hear to support you, dont throw anything away until you've thought it all through.

aZk.

**you added stuff**

ok, friends come and go.... its been said you only ever have 5 real true friends in your life... the rest are just along for the ride. Your only 18... doing something with your life hasn't started yet. Get a job flipping burgers till you get back on your feet.. then fix your car and then this will all seem like nothing.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')

you have a VN SI.... do you know how easy it is to get a reco'd engine in? Im not talking the ecotec either, jsut a straight VNSI engine...cars take our money and shove it up their tail pipes.. thats what they do!

You wanna go to the RAAF then go for it.... but if your just depressed that the vn has **** itself again then its time to wake up and relise that cars break! Its wether you like it that much you wanna keep it. It's just the engine. The time and effort you have put into the little things is never gonna come back to you, not even close, by selling the shell.

Hozy, JC is hear to support you, dont throw anything away until you've thought it all through.

aZk.

I'm not depressed about the VN. I've just seen the light. I was enrolled for the RAAF once before, And I got my position and I turned it down so I didnt leave my G/F of the time, Worste regret ever.

This is all serious & real. Not a tantrum, not a dummy spit, Nothing. All real.
A lot of personal stuff has been happening in my life and yeah... Lets just say its RAAF or I'm honestly going to lose the plot, I hate sitting at home, I cant find a damn apprenticeship...

Cheers
MaT

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
if we didn't have regrets life would be boring..... real boring.

All im saying to you is, will making huge changes make you feel better and improve you life? or is it gonna stick it to ya later when you regret doing this for somereason?

ive been where you are..... it blows, and all i can say is that im glad i didn't make any huge life changes, its just too much stress.

aZk.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
one minute you're stoked about getting a ecotec in the vn, next its all over.

i dunno, i say drop in a reco motor fro the wreckers to get it running, find any old job thats gona bring in some coin, stick thru all the personal issues, make some more new friends and save for the ecotec or find a cheap ute and start playing with that.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
Hozy you're just joing the RAAF right? its not like selling all your assets and becoming a monk.

Doing something is better than sitting on your ass and getting depressed about it. Join, do something with your time and whenever you are done with it know you have a good background to look for work. Plenty of places like disciplined people regardless of their experience, shows dedication.

As for the car - Its only a car, like you've said, you've probably seen the light and realised you've sunk 9 big ones into a car that has nothing to show for it (in terms of, needs more work to be worthwhile).
If you can afford it keep the car because you might regret selling it, but if its between the car and living life comfortably then sell the car and when you make your fortunes you can buy another one.

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
i don't know you but if youre after a job and you can get one, get it, but as said above, the engine can be redone, if u wanna stick with the car then stick with it and save from the job, if not im sure someone else would buy it and can do the engine work or something, and you can put your money toward a new commy. just dont be rash. go for a job before gf/bf in my opinion

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty

aZk.

**you added stuff**

ok, friends come and go.... its been said you only ever have 5 real true friends in your life... the rest are just along for the ride. Your only 18... doing something with your life hasn't started yet. Get a job flipping burgers till you get back on your feet.. then fix your car and then this will all seem like nothing.

Tim..
I couldn't agree more. Mat, this is real ****.. There's people I won't offer a job doing marketing.. Sure you hate the ****, but for 2-3 months max, you could be sitting on some dosh.. MORE THAN ENOUGH to get the conversion.

Consider this. $17.25/hour EASY as hell to get in, I can get you there and back.. You're on $1,000 a fortnight give/take.

Thats $6,000 for three months, of course, there's expenditures of your own.. ok let's drop that to $4,000.. What was your conversion costing? NOT $4,000.

Just helping man.. I dun wanna see the VN ****ed off like that man.

I've lost a lot of friends lately, the only friends I do have now are people I met through here.
Real friends don't go anywhere!

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I reckon you've made a wise desision !

It's time to cut your losses... when you've spent good money after bad on an endless money pit and not seen the rewards and then realised how much it cost and what a waste of time and effort it was...

Confusious say....

You cant polish a turd... well you can if you must but it's a very shitty job!:wax:

Better to start out with a fresh canvas mate....one owner low kms !

I just got rid of a money pit car and was glad to see the end of it...

You say you spent 9G and it still needs paint and an engine....well there's another 8G at least... but with that $17G you could be driving a low km HSV VS

Hozy you'll never be out of a job if you stick with your training in the Forces... GL with your new Career !:thumbsup:

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
It's time to cut your losses... when you've spent good money after bad on an endless money pit and not seen the rewards and then realised how much it cost and what a waste of time and effort it was...

Better to start out with a fresh canvas mate....one owner low kms !

I just got rid of a money pit car and was glad to see the end of it...

You say you spent 9G and it still needs paint and an engine....well there's another 8G at least... but with that $17G you could be driving a low km HSV VS

Sounds like what I'm doing!! I know how you feel Mat, I got sick of spending money on my white one, and I only ever spent the money to fix it, rather than cool mods or whatever. And in then end, it was still worse off that it was when i first got it.

Ultimately the choice is up to you, if it's what you want to do, then go for it.