Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Accepting Defeat

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
ah, finaly a area i know a little about.

i bought my vn a few years ago, 7k i payed for it, blew the gearbox up 1 yr later
ive replaced the gearbox 3 times now, rebuilt the motor once, done all the sensors, suspension components, yada yada yada, all in all after counting the receipts and that the other week, i have spent close to 25k in 3 yrs on the vn
then it was sprayed with brake fluid, requiring a full re-spray. 4.5k later it might get done,

it is a personal choice champ. not everyone is like a few of us with more money than brains. what ever way you take it, personaly i reckon you have spend way to much time and effort on the vn to just drop it like that. let it sit there for a few weeks, and just give it a good long hard think.

life doesnt give us easy hands, we have to live with what we are given. you will be judged when you a old man on what you have done now. not what you could have done.

get of your arse and get a job. the airforce wont fix anything

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
Well, this is going to be about as personal as I get ...

I know where you are coming from ... I had a lot of personal stuff go down a few years back... Going through a divorce (just after we purchased an apartment that my parents went guarantor on) having just enough money to cover the mortgage (by myself) and having to put all the living expenses on my credit card so I could eat, and catch public transport to work. This was when I was only 22 also ...

I lost contact with all my mates, cause my ex-wife was a real bitch to my friends, so my only friends were her friends. When we split, most of my mates didn't want to know me ... A few still did though, and I made a lot of new friends from work, and guys living next door to me ...

Rode out the hard times, and boy were they hard... Had the clutch, gearbox, and power steering **** themselves in my Sonata, and things were going bad to worse... Had to debt myself further to afford to fix them as I really needed a car, and no one wants to buy a second hand Hyundai (especially one with a bung gearbox, clutch, power steering) so I got the cheap fix on it done, and battled away with it until I could afford to do all the engine work I did ...

Long story short, my bad luck bought me in contact with an old friend of mine, and we ended up starting a business together.. I put a lot of hours with him + worked through my full time job, and have not only paid off all the debt that I was racking up on credit to live, but have seen me fully work the Sonata (pics of it are posted here in the nice non-commies thread) bought 2 bikes outright, and currently have a beautiful fiance and am enjoying life again ... I am not trying to brag about my life, at the moment, but just merely pointing out that sometimes good things happen ... When you hit that spot where you think of giving up, don't ... Trust me I know ...

Don't sell the car if your heart is still with it ... I was going to sell the Sonata, and the only reason I didn't was because of all the stereo work and things that I did to it (and the emotional attachment as it was my first car where I was the only owner). I have spent a small fortune on that thing, and continue to do so, because it will always have a place in my heart.

I see engines go for sale on ebay for like $300 ... Just drop it in ... it will probably get you by until you know what you are going to do with your life... Then if you want to sell it, it will be easier to sell a car that runs ...

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I dont know what to do still...

Been pricing ecotecs, seems there getting more & more expensive as I look...

thought about putting my old s1 motor back in, then realised how much stuff was changed to put the s2 in.

money is so tite i dont know what to do............

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
RAAF ? VN ??...Join the Army !!!

Learn to drive a tank... then crush the VN with it for letting you down ! :yeah:

Then buy yourself a new HSV GTS ! :thumbsup: Problem solvered !

If you can get into the Forces then go for it Hozy... dont worry about playing with the VN ! ... I've known people that would have killed for the chance to enlist... but they were rejected for medical conditions... One guy I know is a tri-athelete and wanted to be a Medic... but because his knee's were shot from marathons the Army rejected him... they're very choosey who they recruit...

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
^^ pity you can't rego a tank

Just remember, Hozy, that money makes no difference if you spent it on something you love. I see over the years you have loved modding most of the car, and you have given many JC members inspiration.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Avionics Electrical Technician Apprenticeship.................
Something I've always really wanted to do. Just always had stuff keeping me here.

Cheers
MaT

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
I dont know what to do still...

Been pricing ecotecs, seems there getting more & more expensive as I look...

thought about putting my old s1 motor back in, then realised how much stuff was changed to put the s2 in.

money is so tite i dont know what to do............

It sounds like you should do the avionics apprenticeship thingy, and just leave the car .. If it is something you have wanted to do for a long time do it ... There is no point in living a life of regret for not trying something that you loved... The trick in life is to find something you love doing and get paid for it... Not many people can do that, and are stuck in jobs that they hate, just to make ends meet... Sitting there getting through their days dreaming about what they could have done...

Will you need it for transport or will you be working on a base ... ? If not, just let it gather some dust, start the job and come back and finish her after you save a little... Or get a dreaded loan and make repayments and really finish her off ...

If you do need transport, see if you can work for a while and get a little Charade or something.. Drive it, save some cash, and come back to the commy ...

Just my 2c ....

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
ok mat i just saw this and im so gonna give you a stocky slap (LOL) now

put it this way i avent known you for thast long but why do you think i come over every now and then and offer a night out or day when im not working its cause you and a few others ive recently met i would pick and take cruzing over ppl ive know for yrs

for instance 2morro im coming to yours picking you up your going to come out for the day piss yourself laughing and enjoy yourself i dont want any ifs or buts about it you said yourself you want to gewt out morew take the chance also i might of found you a vn s2 crate motor for $200 ive been pulling some strings and some favours cause your a mate that is worth doing that **** for so we will get her cooking again just dont you worry

basicly saying as a mate to me ill stick by you wether you enlist or stay and fight it out

its a rough patch but youll be out of it soon enough