Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Access to wrecker's yards

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
upull it is great its like a males get away need a bolt and walk around for an hour

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I think whats funny about the no sex in the wreckers is that fact that for them to think to put that on a sign it was probably because someone actually did it in the past. They probably busted a couple of bogans going at itone day because their biggest dream in life was to **** in the back seat of a hsv.

i think it more to be someone at the wrecking yard trying to have a sense of humour.

and failing miserably

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Yeah up here on the central coast theres a couple of ones that let you walk around, one in budgewoi, one in chittaway, and two in wyong/tuggerah... that ive been to,

Most of them look at you, and if you're a buissiness suit and tie kind of bloke they wont let you in the yard, they ask you what you need then make up some bull, then tell you they don't have it.. unless they can make an unrealistic profit out of it.. pretty much as long as you know which end of a screwdriver to use you can usually get in..

They tried that stuff about insurance and that, but it only lasted like 6months or so..

And all of the wreckers up here are either cars stacked up on each other, or on those make shift stands, the two rims tac welded together, I too had to brave it and jump under there, oil and all, just grabbed a seat out of the back of one of em, threw it on the ground and nearly fell asleep under there!!! haha... one of my mates went climbing one day, up to the second story of cars, for a part for me.. no way I was going to climb up there...

And I only ever seem to end up there in thongs and boardies...

FusionX

Reaction score
Liabilty reasons... I know a couple of places that have a sign up, but never inforce it. Just to cover there ass in case of accident.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Hey Mate,

Guys out at Budgewoi Wreckers - Lake Munmorah will let you go strip off what you need off any cars that are there. I go there regularly, so have built up a fairly good trust bond with them :)

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
thers a pick-a-part in dapto, but alot i noticed are all closed shops these days. One wreckers has cut the wrecks out all together:?.....They got rid of them and moved to a shop front and store style setup and just sell pre-wrecked parts now.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Zeusssy/Mumboman

I know each of the wreckers you refer to. The one at Budgie must be the one on the highway. Last time I was there, it was "no go" out the back, but I'll give him another try one day. I know the small wrecker at Chittaway, it's only a couple of clicks from here, but haven't beent there for years - most of his stuff was pretty ordinary.

As for those at Wyong, one is definitely only dealing through the shop front, and the other is a yard I wouldn't touch with a barge pole - the most arrogant, ignorant bastards I have ever dealt with, who would rob you blind. There is a third one I think, behind the used car yards off McPherson Road (not EWT) but I have never been there. Do you know if they are any good?

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Yeah theres EWT, The wrecking yard next to bluegum smash repairs? not sure if its part of EWT or not, and the one behind the used car lots.. umm, can't think of their name atm..

But yes one of them are the worst people to deal with, arrogant as, and the other ones arent alot better, but one is not so bad, just have to know them a little bit, I usually end up at the budgewoi/lake munmorah one..

I wouldnt highly reccomend them to anyone but if im in desperate need ...

They all usually let me out the back, but dont always like it, haha..

If I can I get a resonable price, I get new parts