Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Accessories Elec's not Turning Off after key out?!!?

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute & WM Statesman
Anyway, for the last 3 days ive woken up every morning with a flat battery. Never had this issue had the car for 3 yeas and this has started randomly. Battery has already been replaced about 1 month ago.

By flat, i mean just enough power to unlock the car - and even then the computer system has reset everything to defaults.

Today I identified something interesting... I noticed my phone charger connected into the 12V aux plug in the center console is staying powered on after the key is removed from the ignition - i quickly went to my other VE and this dosent happen on the other car so obviously something is wrong with my daily driver car.

Everything else turns off okay, dash lights, multifunction screen and the lock LED on the cluster flashes as usual, but the 12V socket still seems to be live - have tried and reset the car by removing car battery for 1hr and reattached and still doing it. (could this be a relay issue or something?)

Suggestions please... :computer::computer::computer:

Last edited:

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
maybe try pulling your phone charger out and see if the battery still goes dead? just a suggestion

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
My acc stays on after the key has been pulled out. It stays on untill I open the drivers door and then it turns off.

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah taken phone charger out, i was just using that as an indicator that the socket is still live even with accessories off. (and driver door opened after keys are out).

Did think that, as I thought it was along with the stereo signal but still stays on. My CalaisV turns off that 12V socket the second keys from off Accessories/On. I do believe this used to be the case with my Calias.

Any more ideas?

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
BAGGED 04 VY SS S2 HBD MANUAL UTE
had the same prob with my vz calais and it was around the time where i was having alot of battery issies aswell. drove me mad and i pulled everything appart but nothing eg radio relays fuses put it all back together turned the ignition on and off a few times and it would stop. happened twice then i replaced the battery amd it hasnt happened since. dont know if it was the cause or coincidence but the battery was stuffed anyway.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
id get the computer flashed cost bout $120

mistergTRx

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP commodore
have you had a look at the barrel?
i had a similar problem on my old bluebird, the barrel had a short and was giving constant power to ignition
all i did to fix this was clean up the area around the connections and get some nail polish and build up the contact area between the connections (the nail polish was the cheapest option and acts as a barrier, as its non conductive), worked perfectly after that

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
Took to holden, they suggested disconnected my aftermarket amplifier in my boot which I did when I got home. It did fix the issue but how bizzare is this...

So, even with the amplifier still connected to the car the problem wasn't there but as soon as I connected the SIGNAL wire that I had tapped into from what I'm told is a wire from the bluetooth in the front the accessories once again didnt go off. Now I've had this setup for over 13 month, every time I turned the key to off position the amplifier would go off but the stereo would remain going (until the door opened, which is normal behavior) so basically up until several days ago this changed and the amplifier wouldn't go off anymore once turned too off position.

Dont know why this has changed... suddenly. I know a few others on JC who have VE's used the same wire I tapped into from underneath the front passenger seat also to give signal to there amplifier so I assume they might be running into this issue as well.

My question is, does anyone know of another write I can tap into for signal for my amplifier? (Maybe one from the stock headunit?)

Thanks