Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Accident

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
Driving to work yesterday, stopped in traffic, someone ran up the back of me. The car behind me was hit by the car behind them, and i'm at the front.

At first, looks like only the back bumper is damaged. "GO COMMODORE!" im thinking as i stare at my barely scratched bumper and the car behind me's busted front end, leaking radiator and broken headlights.

Then i notice that the boot line has moved by about 1/2 a cm, which means it may be warped.

The toey said this may mean that there is structure damage. Please tell me this isn't the case! I have almost got this car the way i want it, i can't lose her now!

Just-Cars will give me $5000 for her (not bad for a VP Calais) so i'll be looking to buy something new i guess. Hoping to get a VR/VS manual (only manuals... auto not an option)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
doesn't sound to bad, my bootlid was caved in and it was still repaired.:bang:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
VR has the same mechanical features as the VP:yeah:

hehe yeah. More so in comparison to the VS, the ecotec engine has too many issues imo. Our VS and VT have had heaps of problems. My VN has had troubles with the fuel filter and power steering (todays episode and had the pump replaced a few months ago), nothing to do with the actual engine.

Gotta admit the VP Calais is a gangster car though...especially with the back wheel arch covers..

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
mate i backed into a magna @ 3km/h,

smashed in my rear end, the VN/VP rear end is weak and pushes in easily, also pushes out easily, theres no frame there, i beat mine out with a hammer and it was all good... dont worry man, wont be too bad, mine just got $3500 work done to it and it didnt look too bad soo u never know

Goose

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 Manual & VP V6 Manual
a wooden post came out of nowhere as i was reversing and ran up my ass and it took me half an hour to get my boot closed again i bought a huge hammer and bashed it back to shape:D

timmy_tam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN calais 91
how does insurance give you $5000 for a car that isn't a write off?

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
If there is structural damage, then technically the car is unroadworthy and on a VP Calais they aren't going to spend all the money to fix it. So they just write the car off, and give me $5000.

If they do that, then hopefully i can buy the car back from the smash repairs and use the parts

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
If there is structural damage, then technically the car is unroadworthy and on a VP Calais they aren't going to spend all the money to fix it. So they just write the car off, and give me $5000.

If they do that, then hopefully i can buy the car back from the smash repairs and use the parts

Man they only write it off to give you the money if its going to cost that much to repair.

If it has structural damage and costs $3,000 to repair, they aint going to write it off and give you 5 grand.

If the cost of repairs outweigh the value of the vehicle, then they will write it off. I also highly doubt they will in fact give you $5,000...