Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Acclaim S2 not starting - immobiliser issue?

Tabibu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Hi,
first off: I am a backpacker, bought this car used and am also quite new to cars in general so please bare with me.

I got a new car battery four weeks ago. About a week ago during my roadtrip up the east coast I helped two guys jump start their car. After that I drove another 3h tl Sydney. The next morning I moved my car to a different parking spot. 15 min later when I wanted to start the car again the engine wouldn't start. The typical clicking sound as if the battery was flat, but the radio would still play.
Tried many times and nothing. Finally after an hour someone jumpstarted the car and it worked. Drove straight to get the battery tested and all connection points and they said it was fine. The mechanic called it a mystery and said it was probably the immobiliser, that the jumpstart starting the car was just a coincidence. After that I didn't have any problems.

Now I have the same issue again. I drove half an hour today and ebery day for the past 2 weeks I drove a minimum of 2h so the battery should be charged. Anyone ever had the same problem?