Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ACDelco spark plugs - safe from eBay?

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by Paul Cordingley, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Paul Cordingley

Paul Cordingley Member

Members Ride:
    VF SS-V Redline MY15 Series 1
  2. ybl8te

ybl8te Member

Members Ride:
    calis vn v8
    Been burnt with injectors from ebay. As soon as I picked one up, felt the weight, I knew.................

3. EYY

EYY Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VS Statesman
    Buy from a holden or toyota dealership. You'd be surprised at how competitive the pricing is for the real thing.

Looks like a chinese company and product. Certainly doesn't look real. The ad has broken English with poor spelling, punctuation and grammar. Imitation spark plugs are all over the place these days.

TTubrag likes this.
  4. Paul Cordingley

Paul Cordingley Member

Members Ride:
    Thanks for the advice. No harm is asking my dealership for their prices.

Is there no official ACDelco supplier, to be sure we’re getting genuine, without paying a dealership tax (which might prove to be not that bad)?

5. EYY

EYY Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VS Statesman
    I purchased a genuine ac delco battery for $120 through my local holden dealership with 36 months warranty. The equivalent battery in supercharge and century cost in excess of $200, some with a lesser warranty.

You may be surprised. Don't be afraid to call other dealerships for pricing on parts too, they're often willing to undercut each-other as they seem to set their own profit margins and give trade prices as they please.

6. gtrboyy

gtrboyy Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    vt ss & lc gtr
    I usually try local holden dealership first as it closeby...few times they've surprised me on prices & other times jaw dropped...

7. Skylarking

Skylarking Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    @Paul Cordingley just be cautious with any genuine branded products made to order by some Chinese subcontractor. The branded manufacturer will obviously use good quality control/assurance to get products that are up to scratch from their Chinese subcontractors. But the Chinese subcontracts that make the stuff for the branded company will either (1) manufacture more than what is needed (but with less QA measures because they don't intend to ship these to the branded manufacturer) or (2) have QA failed products on hand that the branded manufacturer has rejected (The ones John West reject). In either case, the Chinese subcontractors will offload such products though unofficial channels which eventually end up on eBay.

So the real problem is what are you actually buying? A quality tested product? Something that has been tested less stringently than the branded accepts? Something that has failed banded manufacturers stringent QA? Something else? Or are you simply buying branded packaging (considering the amount of obvious ripoff products floating on the www?

The reality might be that if the product is really cheap, it's cheap for a reason. Either you get no product support, no real warranty, no comeback or consumer protection. Really, it's best to buy from an Australian retail (unless the price difference is so great it's worth the risk).

So got to Repco.
    Hover over "Set my vehicle" icon towards right, then click on "manual search form" near the bottom of the pulldowm menu.
    Select make, model, year, series, engine.
    Then click on parts & service, then fuel ignition & exhaust, then spark plugs
    Click on one of the two iridium plugs available.

You should see:
    Champion Iridium Spark Plug - 9405 SKU: A9328475 $29.99
    NGK Iridium Spark Plug - IZTR5B11 SKU: A9326706 $27.99

Next, order and feel good you are buying from an Australian business with all the included consumer protections and at a reasonable price ;)
    These should be good for either the 2015 L77 or LS3 V8 but check yourself :cool:

If you're still set on ACDelco plugs for your 'doore, then google "holden dealer acdelco spark plugs" and you'll find some Holen dealers pop up with rather varied prices, I've seen really cheap $129 for a set of iridium's from a Holden dealer (had to google who they were) o_O Or check out https://acdelco.com.au/auto-parts-stockist/ and pop in your post code and the nearest Holden dealers will come up (but you then need to ring up)...

8. Mattricho

Mattricho Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV my15
    @Paul Cordingley i would be trying a holden dealer.
    The wife’s overflow bottle split so I jumped on eBay found a genuine one for $90 thought sh*t that’s expensive so I went to the local dealer $30 later I had a new overflow bottle and 1L of coolant.

Also if you have a hi-vis shirt wear that in because it definitely helps get a trade discount.

Paul Cordingley likes this.
  9. kleanphil

kleanphil Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
    Simple tip - DO NOT BUY FROM CHINESE SELLERS UNLESS ABSOLUTLY NO CHOICE .
    EDIT: Forgot exclamation point !!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Fu Manchu

Fu Manchu Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VZ V6
    I’d bet you could get AC Delco plugs on Amazon US cheaper than Australia and have them here as quick as eBay.
    The US market prices are way cheaper. Waaaayyyy.
    Aussies get ripped off.

I’ve started looking to US Amazon more and more for sourcing parts.
    Cadillac CTS uses the same V6 motor and as for LS options there’s even more.

I’ve had genuine parts come faster from the US than I can get to Perth from Melbourne or Sydney.

TTubrag, Dayvo, VS_Pete and 3 others like this.
  11. Paul Cordingley

Paul Cordingley Member

Members Ride:
    I took this route, ordered from Amazon. Genuine ACDelco 41-110 for a great price. Thanks for the tip.

12. Fu Manchu

Fu Manchu Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VZ V6
    When you search Aussie Amazon, stuff all comes up. Car parts are mostly on eBay here. Switch to the US Amazon and there is so much. :)
    Just have to look for a seller who posts to Australia.

TTubrag likes this.
  13. 426Cuda

426Cuda SUBLIME!

Members Ride:
    VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
    Are you sure they're AC Delco? The only ones I could find were branded HiVehicle, with the Amazon listing using the AC Delco part number.

14. Paul Cordingley

Paul Cordingley Member

Members Ride:
  15. Skylarking

Skylarking Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    Nice find, nice price.

Even assuming $28USD for x4, that’s $85AUD total for your V8, delivered to your door. Well worth buying from Amazon US it seems. And lack of ACL protection isn’t so relevant as Amazon provides guarantees that you will get what was sold to you (genuine AC Delco Iridium plugs).

just highlights how highly priced things are in Australia (and how much we are ripped off).

Fu Manchu and Paul Cordingley like this.
  16. Milo 6.0

Milo 6.0 Member

Members Ride:
    vf ssv
    $10.97 each from covs on account,over the counter to joe blo they are about $13 each.
    Holden will be the same price,holden and covs get their parts from amcap,all the same price from my experience.
    Just find out the ngk standard plug equivalent if you don't want to pay $13 each,these dinosaur pushrod motors don't even need iridium plugs,ive had my factory plugs out at 53000km and they looked brand new,tips were perfect,maybe pull one and check it,might be wasting your money.

Skylarking likes this.