Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Achilles ATR Sport tyres

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has run these tyres and what they were like, i.e. noise, wear and ride. Cheers

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Wear pretty good, dry grip good, wet grip acceptable, noise not great. Bit of a trade off .. noisy for a decent-ish cheap tyre. I've bought them before and will buy them again.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
what he said ^^^ for a cheap tyre they perform well, i found the wet grip/road noise to be better than the maxxis ma-z1's that i took off an they were $350 a tyre, take from that what you will.

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
Wear pretty good, dry grip good, wet grip acceptable, noise not great. Bit of a trade off .. noisy for a decent-ish cheap tyre. I've bought them before and will buy them again.

Thanks for the info.

Getting theses on my new wheels. I have 17" Bridgestone Turanza ER300's atm and getting the Achilles ATR Sport tyres on 20" wheels will I notice much of a difference between the two?

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
It really depends on how you drive. Probably you will notice a difference, if you drive just normally (casually, not constantly taking quick corners etc) you won't notice much of a difference in grip, but in noise you will. Also don't confuse the change in tyre with the change in size for ride quality, the 20" wheels will ride a lot worse than the 17" you have now.

As a plus, the Achilles have the correct load rating for commodores, provided you get them in the correct size. Not a lot of tyres (especially in this price range) have the correct legal load rating.

phat_6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS M6
Hey I find these to be a great tyre I'm running a 245 35 20 on a VE SS and never had any trouble, grip great and are a nice compound

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
Hey I find these to be a great tyre I'm running a 245 35 20 on a VE SS and never had any trouble, grip great and are a nice compound

Thanks the size i've ordered, so will be wider, thinner and larger than my last ones :)

Cant wait to test them out.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

what he said ^^^ for a cheap tyre they perform well, i found the wet grip/road noise to be better than the maxxis ma-z1's that i took off an they were $350 a tyre, take from that what you will.

I have Maxxis MA-V1s at the moment and while they have good grip and wear, I don't like the way they feel.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
For a cheap range tyre i prefer Nankang NS-II, but haters gon hate.