Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Achilles ATR Sport VS Hankook Ventus K114 or K110

Missjade17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina Series 2
The tyres that I had traction issues with are a brand called Madison but the VE has Linglongs on them. Yet another brand I haven't heard of and I don't know how the are in wet conditions because I've only had my VE for a week but I'm not taking the chance that they are crap.

I found another thread on here about the Achilles and they had major issues with them after just a few months, yet some people had been using them for years and had no issue. I think that in itself is too hit and miss and I think I'll just go with the Hankook's.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I joined Just Commodores to get some advice on, again, a SAFER option for my new tyres.

I gave you some advice. For all we know you are a crap driver, no need to get your panties in a twist. :)

Maybe you should live by the saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

This is a public forum where you will get opinions you dislike. I had an opinion, apologies you didn't like it. :)

Last edited:

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
You do realize that your VS rims have a larger centre bore than VE rims so there not just a stright swap. Also I agree with what Jest said the ATR's are a decent tyre for the price.
EDIT: I have also been running the ATR in 245/35 R19 for about 2 years now on my 2nd set, no complaints.

Last edited:

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I run 265/30 19 ATR Sports on the BMW, Bang for buck they are an amazing tyre and hold up basically the same in all conditions to the Pirelli pzero's I had on it.

I know Airstrike is also running them on his 400rwkw G6ET and say they are on par with the previous $250+ a piece tires he once had.

Obviously if you try to spin a tyre it'll spin, But I have no real complaints of these at all.

Cheers
Mat

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
I need some advice from someone who doesn't just want to sell me an expensive tyre!

I've been reading reviews on the Achilles ATR Sport, Hankook Ventus K114 and K110 tyres 245/45/18 and I still have no idea which one to get. I really just want a tyre that really grips in the wet.

Has anyone tried any of these? How do they handle in the wet and how many KMs did you get out of them? While it would be nice to save a bit of money, price isn't my main concern at the moment.
i have ATR sport on my SS.good tyre for the price.no complaints:)

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
I'd also look into Federal Tyres.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
You do realize that your VS rims have a larger centre bore than VE rims so there not just a stright swap. Also I agree with what Jest said the ATR's are a decent tyre for the price.
EDIT: I have also been running the ATR in 245/35 R19 for about 2 years now on my 2nd set, no complaints.

I think your forgetting the VS has M12 studs and the VE is M14s so you need to drill 5 holes out. Personally I'd be buying new wheels as well.

ATRs are all I've run the last 4-5 years and think there awesome. I've bought several sets now 6-8 tyres on different wheels and will continue to buy them in the future.

Last edited:

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
I have been using a set of ATR Sports for about two years and they are a great tyre. Yes they do break traction fairly easy in the wet if you get on the power a little early but that should be expected.

What I am more interested in is the ATR Sport 2 that has recently been showing up. It has been marketed as improving grip in the wet over the ATR Sport and whether anyone has used it or considered using it?

Achilles ATR SPORT 2 - Passenger Car Tires | Achilles Radial

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
The ATR's are pretty good for the money. I have them in 275/35/19 on the rear and they handle the power my car has in the dry well, wet is another story, but a stock VE would be fine.
I would suggest more right foot control, I have never had my car unintentionally step/slide out on me.

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Try Nitto Motivo's, they're a US brand but owned by Toyo,they are a high tread wear tyre. Buy off eBay, you will get good tyres at half the price, personally I steer clear on ATR, LingLongs or any brand that comes with a mag wheel combo.