Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Achilles ATR Sport VS Hankook Ventus K114 or K110

krylothe

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
I've had the Achilles ATR, and although good in the dry the traction is that bad in the wet it scared the crap outta me! I ended up selling them with about 70% tread and got some Falcon 452!

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
I've had the Achilles ATR, and although good in the dry the traction is that bad in the wet it scared the crap outta me! I ended up selling them with about 70% tread and got some Falcon 452!

Either your car must make some serious power or youve been wearing a right shoe made of lead.. I run Atr sports all round on my clubby with 290rwkw and a heavy clutch and have no issues in the wet whatsoever with normal driving

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Either your car must make some serious power or youve been wearing a right shoe made of lead.. I run Atr sports all round on my clubby with 290rwkw and a heavy clutch and have no issues in the wet whatsoever with normal driving

Im the same. They grab as good in the wet as the factory Bridgestones to me and with the VEs ESP its not an issue even if I heavy a bit lead footed

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Im the same, lead foot. In the wet they are great.

Manwhore

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS sedan manual
Yeah thinking that might be the go, i only need 2, can get them shipped 2 Perth from Wheeldeal for $350, better than $700+ for 2 tyres for me at the moment.
Mate give SVS a call i think in myaree 9331 5995 they sell the Achilles. and a lot more

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Ah cool, will give them a bell, I'm in Winthrop so they're just around the corner from me. Cheers :)

*edit - O'Connor actually, but still close by. They have Achilles in my size on their webpage for $140 fitted, will call tomorrow and see if that's for ATR Sports.

Last edited:

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
I've got the ATR Sports on my cammed WM caprice. I used to have pirelli pzeros on it on the stock rims (8" wide in the rear)
I've now got ATR sports on 9.5" wide rear rims and in the wet, the pirellis were better. Granted the 18" 8inch wide tyres were twice the cost of these 9.5" wide 20" tyres, but they werent 2x as good. I find with enthusiastic cornering the fronts (8.5" wide) will spear into the corner where the pirellis didnt.

The WM is also about 250kg heavier than the VE and with 280kw at the wheels might not be relevant to you, but that's been my experience.

ALSO: They are a 400 wear rating tyre, so should last a long time. The pirellis are around 180.

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yeah mine's only an SV6, 90% of my driving is in moderate to heavy freeway traffic, and I don't drive it hard at all, so i'm thinking the ATR Sports should be more than adequate for my needs.

Missjade17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina Series 2
I pulled out my old rims only to find that when I needed to get a few replaced; instead of the Maxxis Radials that I originally purchased the tyre place fitted ATR's without telling me. After that I remember having issues with them. The sidewall is cracked on one of them and on another the the rubber ripped off and started to thread like a piece of cotton undoing a seam.

I think your forgetting the VS has M12 studs and the VE is M14s so you need to drill 5 holes out. Personally I'd be buying new wheels as well.

ATRs are all I've run the last 4-5 years and think there awesome. I've bought several sets now 6-8 tyres on different wheels and will continue to buy them in the future.

Yeah I read about that not long ago, I have to get new rims anyway because they are 18x7.5 and I should have 18x8's.