Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Achilles Tyres

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hey Guys,

Im Looking around for new tyres and my pockets are empty as i have had to move and so the rent is alot more :-(

I Have read good things about achilles tyres. I can get them $140 each size 245/35/19

Anyone else run these tyres?

Any other suggestions would be great. if i could i would get the best but its just not a option at this time.

Thanks

aussiexbox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman Storm
I run achilles on my big 4x4 that mother drives daily,normal tyres would have been 300 each and these were 170 each,weraing beautifullly to,cannot fault.

05 Senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais RB25 turbo, VS Calais
i have themon my senator. great tyre if you dont do burnouts. rear ones started wearing pretty quick for the amount of skids iv done. id buy them again!

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Well i cant afford todo burn outs lol

They look like a pretty good tyre for the money so guess ill be grabbing a pair. why cant they be $5 lol

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The thing to remember about these cheap tyres is that, whilst they don't perform as well as more expensive tyres, they are not much dearer than retreads and should be a lot safer. They can be a very sound short-term measure to tide you over for a few months until your finances improve and you can purchase better tyres. Just remember when you are driving that you don't have the world's best tyres under each corner of your car and drive accordingly and you will get good service and value from them.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I drive slow anyway, I have got about 60k out of the Nexens i have on it now. And they are not real grippy tires anyway. so ill grab a pair and see how i go. But hey got to be alot better then all the people driving around with the canvas showing lol. Im only ever on the freeway anyway so bugger all cornering and complex roads anyway. Ill let ya know when i get them on how they go. Found most shops sell them so cant be all that bad.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
r these off ebay?
i was in the same situation as u :D i got 2 for the front of my ss only done bout 100ks so cant say how good they r but like they say u get what u pay 4 will be gettin potenzas when funds permit

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
yeah off ebay mate. Let me know how they are

jib

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi I am new here... Firstly sorry to dredge up an old thread. But it is exactly the question I want to ask. I am looking at a set of 20' G8's to go on my VE with sssl front and ssl rear king springs in it. I have found a 20inch G8 deal on gumtree for 1099$ So I rang to find out about it and the offer is G8's with Achilles 245/35/20 tires.
Anyone tried these tyres and are them any good?
Any feedback appreciated

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline