Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

acrylic home partial respray

hypedz

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro
if your in melbourne i can do it for you in glasurit clear if you want

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
There are different types of thinners for use with undercoats and top coats. Don't use General Purpose (GP) thinners with your colour coats - it will lead to a dull finish. GP thinners are for use with primers and are a bit cheaper than acrylic thinners. That means you should have two types of thinner before starting the job. Work on the ratio of 2 parts thinners to 1 part paint when buying thinners, so if you buy 2 litres of colour, buy 4 litres of acrylic thinners. The actual ratio of pant to thinners is less than 2:1, it will depend on the type of paint you use, whether you use a retarder with the paint, type of spray gun - the spray-painters on this forum can advise you better than me, I'm just basing this on my own experience with complete resprays over the years.The same goes for the undercoat and GP thinners. buy twice as much thinners as undercoat. Use the GP thinners also to clean out your gun when you finish sraying.