Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Add factory subs to SV6

VPFreak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has added factory subs to their commodore from the SSV or Calais?

I am after some extra bass (nothing huge) and do not want to take up any boot space, which is why i though this could be a cheap easy way of adding some bass to the system.

I already have an amp driving the front upgraded alpine speakers.

The car is a series 1 SV6 however I have had an IQ series 2 headunit added.

Will the wiring be there to plug straight in?

Cheers

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Do-able. It would be easier to just put another amp in, or change to a 4 channel amp to run Subs and Front speakers. And unless you get the factory subs for free or next to super cheap. They seriously not worth it lol. They are crap LOL.
I think you need to do a bit of cutting too, as the rear panel where the subs sit, I am pretty sure has a plate welded in last time I checked.
If you are going to do the job anyways, buy some dynamat to fill the rear parcel good.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
easy to do once you pull out parcel shelf,fit the plastic covers that go behind headrests, cut out in parcel shelf and mount speakers to it, easy when its out, no cutting in metal, wiring not there you have to put in,took about 2 hrs all up, including wiring to loc at front, does give more bass but not like a big sub or anything, bit of dyna mat too on the shelf