Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adding a Rear Spoiler to Evoke

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
There car so he or she can do what they want

He certainly can
I am suggesting he gets something useful for his money.

I.e. a set of good DBA slotted rotors and good brake pads. That way the car will look better and stop better...

A piece of plastic stuck on a boot for a grand will give you nothing tangible...

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
He certainly can
I am suggesting he gets something useful for his money.

I.e. a set of good DBA slotted rotors and good brake pads. That way the car will look better and stop better...

A piece of plastic stuck on a boot for a grand will give you nothing tangible...

I reckon you're being a bit tough on him.

I absolutely agree with what you say but when I was 17 I stuck a 1 1/2" copper pipe exhaust straight through from manifold to rear - on a 1000cc Morris Minor.

I thought it sounded wonderful. You could hear it for miles. Gave me a lot of pleasure.

Well worth the potential police record from where I knocked the pipe off from.

Have an appointment next week for hearing check...

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

I absolutely agree with what you say but when I was 17 I stuck a 1 1/2" copper pipe exhaust straight through from manifold to rear - on a 1000cc Morris Minor.

I thought it sounded wonderful. You could hear it for miles. Gave me a lot of pleasure.

Allright .. allright..
I guess joy is something tangible...
Stay away from fibreglass and troll local wreckers ;)

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Possibly
Just hate when people waste money on non functional mods that do not improve the car in any way...not even visually.
Money could be spent on something that will make the car trully better...
That doesn't sound like you Ron. We've all agreed that we individually have the right and freedom to do what we like with our cars. A VF Evoke might be basic but if its the right colour, it needs only to have a nice set of wheels added and the spoiler could look right at home.

To the Op. If the VF is similar to earlier models, the placement of the mounting screws for a spoiler should be obvious on the edge of the underside of the boot lid. It would comprise four small flat recesses pressed onto the inner skin. It is a straightforward job to fit but needs careful measuring and drilling to ensure accurate alignment. Your biggest cost would be painting.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
seen a few dudes on facey spend +40k on sv6 appearance. bags, custom rims, big sound system, vinyl, lights, seat and interior trim etc.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
seen a few dudes on facey spend +40k on sv6 appearance. bags, custom rims, big sound system, vinyl, lights, seat and interior trim etc.
Yep, but the extent of spending can be reduced by not needing superior sound and upgraded suspension. The basic VF is a damned good car really only lacking a few comfort features and the visual impact of higher spec models. How many VE Omegas are running around with SV6 rims, spoiler and not much else? They still look the goods. Can't see why a VF can't be just as good without investing ridiculous amounts. The only design flaw with the Evoke is the dorky oversized grille. A bit of imagination can probably fix that.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS

I remember my first car a Bellett 1500 sedan, I put a CanAm hot dog muffler on it, sounded great to me, Sunday driving down shopping strip - shops all closed then, no one around and the exhaust sound bouncing off the shop windows. I also remember going to Amaroo Park and someone there from memory a Datsun 1000 with a rectangular galvanised downpipe as exhaust.