Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

adding auto tranmission additives

3800VH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX V6
Countess said:
I notice the shift kit lol

Cus I got both done at same time hard to say. However I do know that it usually smooths out the changes for a whiles.

If your in adelaide, Id recommend going to DRW, service & shift kit on my VN was around $200-220.

D.
where is this place ?????

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
O'Sullivans Beach Rd, Lonsdale ;) Tell them NORTI & NUFNSUS sent ya ;)

D.

sapeter

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Vt Commodore 50th anniversary Edition
hey norti i'm in the northen end of adelaide up near elizabeth way and just wondering if you can reccomend a good place
to go for me to get my transmission done... I'got a vp wagon and the automatic transmission is slowly playing up now, took
it to muno para shopping centre and had trouble going from 1st gear to 2nd gear and wouldnt change to 3rd gear.

I got no knowledge on transmissions or motors at all and can do with all the help i can with this problem. Need to find a good
cheap place that can service the transmission for me.. I'm on disability support pension so i'm limited to so much money.

sapeter

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Vt Commodore 50th anniversary Edition
I just got quoted $175 for a transmission service from ultra tune thats including parts. Can someone
explain to me if that is a good price or is it possible to get it cheaper..

89vn_Jai

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exectutive
Chuff:383268 said:
Michael,

Just my experience but I was having trouble with the auto in my V8 VP after 220000 Km and I looked into using the additives in the fluid. I was told they would either fix it or f**k it, and unfortunately in my case it f**ked it. Not long after adding the additives the overrun clutch failed and I lost engine braking. A few months later 4th then 3rd stopped working. As I result I needed a new transmission. Got quoted $2500 for a full rebuild.

On the upside I bought a second T700 as well as some good books and rebuilt my first automatic transmission. It's been in the car now for a few months and is running absolutely magnificently.

CATCH! :D
Commodore auto's don't engine brake o_O

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Thats quite expensive unless theyre completely replacing your fluid. I pay $120 for it and I think thats too expensive, but I just go there because theyre open on saturdays and I work weekdays.