Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adding Bluetooth to your stereo on the cheap!

Discussion in 'Car Audio' started by statey1975, Jul 13, 2017.

1. statey1975

statey1975 Member

Members Ride:
    WK Statesman
    Hey guys.

Just thought I'd share my latest addition. I bought this el-cheapo bluetooth device from Jaycar for 20 bucks.
    BT1.jpg BT2.jpg
    It streams music as well as handles phone calls through your stereo. It comes with a microphone and a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo lead, so you can plug it into your stereo via either 3.5mm input or RCA (using additional adapter)
    The bracket in the picture is easily removed, and I did have to file a couple of the edges down to make it sit neatly where I wanted it, but I'm pretty happy with the end result.
    Sound quality is pretty good, and pairing was simple. Works really well. Just four wires to hook up (Positive, Negative, Mic and the connection to your head unit). Play, pause, skip tracks and adjust volume on your handset via the one knob. Automatically connects when I turn the car on.

I haven't tried the hands-free call feature, as my head unit handles my hands free calling. I Just wanted something to stream music through, and this does the job for a very good price.
    BT3.jpg

JAAMS44 likes this.
  2. Michael_Wl caprice

Michael_Wl caprice New Member

Members Ride:
    WL caprice
    Hi mate just wondering did you plug this up directly to your factory head unit? And if so what did you do? Im wanting todo the same thing instead of using an fm transmitter but im wanting to keep it original so dont really want to change the head unit. Cheers in advacne

3. statey1975

statey1975 Member

Members Ride:
    WK Statesman
    Hi, Michael

I originally had it plugged into my Alpine unit, but I have since sold the car. Before I did, I performed the mod listed in the thread "
    MP3 through standard sound system" which worked really well.

Michael_Wl caprice likes this.
  4. statey1975

statey1975 Member

Members Ride:
    WK Statesman
    When I say I performed that mod, I mean I did the mod mentioned above then plugged the Bluetooth receiver into it.