Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adding Bluetooth to your stereo on the cheap!

statey1975

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman
Hey guys.

Just thought I'd share my latest addition. I bought this el-cheapo bluetooth device from Jaycar for 20 bucks.
BT1.jpg
BT2.jpg

It streams music as well as handles phone calls through your stereo. It comes with a microphone and a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo lead, so you can plug it into your stereo via either 3.5mm input or RCA (using additional adapter)
The bracket in the picture is easily removed, and I did have to file a couple of the edges down to make it sit neatly where I wanted it, but I'm pretty happy with the end result.
Sound quality is pretty good, and pairing was simple. Works really well. Just four wires to hook up (Positive, Negative, Mic and the connection to your head unit). Play, pause, skip tracks and adjust volume on your handset via the one knob. Automatically connects when I turn the car on.

I haven't tried the hands-free call feature, as my head unit handles my hands free calling. I Just wanted something to stream music through, and this does the job for a very good price.
BT3.jpg

Michael_Wl caprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL caprice
Hi mate just wondering did you plug this up directly to your factory head unit? And if so what did you do? Im wanting todo the same thing instead of using an fm transmitter but im wanting to keep it original so dont really want to change the head unit. Cheers in advacne

statey1975

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman
When I say I performed that mod, I mean I did the mod mentioned above then plugged the Bluetooth receiver into it.