Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adding Fog lights to a STD VZ ute

CacTuar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Standard Ute
Hi all,
I was thinking about putting fog lights on my VZ exec ute, my questions are these..
If i get the SS headlight switch that you can pull it out to turn on the foglights, will there be the wires behind the switch ready to just plug onto the new switch? Will the wires be behind the bumper ready for the actual lights as well? Also I've seen in the SS how there is the indicator light on the dash. Will that light be there on my dash waiting to work with foglights? Thanks for any replies!

smyth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
You might find this thread http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=30387 useful. There is a link to a website in there that was very helpful with my install.

In answer to your questions, no wiring in either place, but the wiring is not hard. Also, there's no fog light light in the cluster.

CacTuar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Standard Ute
Thanks for the link, it's a shame that the wiring isnt there already, but i'll have no probs wiring them in. Also its a shame that there is no light in the dash, if i can ever be bothered i might try and put a light in there. But probably wont :) I like the idea of getting the SS bumber to make it look propper, will look into it. thanks again!

smyth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
I've had a close look at the cluster, and there doesn't appear to be a spot for a fog light light.