Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adding Foot Well Lighing

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
what is.would be involved in adding footwell lighting to a VY S, I havent looked to see if there is any looms down there to do a quick addon, or is it a loom/fittings I`m going to have to buy/make

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
I'm not sure about the S pacl but the Berlina/Calais already has front footwell lights, which is just a T10 globe fitted near the door side in each footwell. Depends on what kind of lighting you want to do.

I have LED strips running in my lancer which i wired up by running a wire from the battery, though you can just use a 12v wire already in the car such as the cigarette lighter's power wire. Mount your strips, ground them, power them. Run parallel wires to the other footwells and repeat. I had them on a 3 way switch so I could control them like my cabin light. Door-Off-On. Have to wire the grounds to your door switches to do this though.

However, in the Holden, I just replaced the T10 bulb to a blue high output one and will probably run wire from the front lights to the rear and just use SMD strips. Will cost about $10-$20 for the lights.

If you want to get it professionally done. Talk to Phreddy from ASR. You can find him in the sponsors section.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I ran mine to the interior light wire under the driver's scuff plate. First, though I pulled off the driver's side B pillar cover to see which colour wire it was, then found that wire under the scuff plates. The courtesy lights come on with doors open but not if I switch the interior light on manually with the switch. I think it was orange with white stripe or vice/versa.