Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adding illuminated steering wheel buttons

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
My car being a series 1 VY Calais never came with Illuminated steering wheels buttons. So I bought some and got them working very easy. I didn’t need to change clockspring either but I do have an aftermarket stereo. All I did was earth both the LED wire and the steering wheel buttons to where the horn earths. And then used the existing steering wheel buttons earth wire to deliver the illumination power to the LEDs. Works fine and has for years

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Thankyou. I have many more electrical mods I have done. Like remote fuel door opener using a 2004 gto actuator, a button to disable parking sensors temporarily working the same as the caprices front sensors and even a WK/WL full center console and facia including the clock/MFD and hvac controls. Since I’m working away from home I don’t have easy access to all the wiring diagrams but will help anyone interested. I’ll add those shortly when I’ve done what little I need to do today at work